Brightidea Enterprise Statuses allow Admins to easily track and maintain all ideas across all Initiatives. As ideas move through the Innovation Pipeline, some are stopped, some are paused, while some remain active and therefore keep moving forward. Active ideas can move all the way to the end of the Pipeline and ultimately be completed successfully.
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Adding a New Status
- Deleting Status
- Modify Existing Status
- Idea Status Change Email Templates
Getting Started -
Navigate to Enterprise Setup > Ideas > Statuses. Under the Statuses tab, Admins can perform the following actions:
- Add Status
- Delete Status
- Modify existing Status
- Re-order Statuses
- Enable/Disable Status
Adding a New Status
At the bottom of the Status page, the Add Status button will populate a new row that allows Admins to enter the Status Name, Description and System Status mapping.
Each of the Status fields are broken down as follows:
- Custom Status Names
- This field is what will appear in the Enterprise/Pipeline interface when users view or change the idea status.
- Status Description
- This is the user defined status description which will ultimately be displayed at various locations through the UI.
For every entered Status, please select one of the available system status options from the drop-down:
- System Status
- Active - Idea(s) are still active and are moving through the Pipeline.
- Paused - Paused can be used for ideas that have not yet been decided upon.
- Complete - Idea(s) which have moved through the Pipeline are marked complete.
- Stopped - The stopped status means the idea(s) are stopped and will no longer be considered.
- Hand-off - Ideas which have moved through the Pipeline and are 'handed-off' to business unit for implementation.
The system status mapping allows quick and efficient tracking of ideas throughout the entire Brightidea Platform.
- Status Color
- The status color allows you to define a color of the selected status which will then display in the Pipeline Step view.
Deleting a Status
To delete a status, select the red "X" next to the appropriate status row. Note: Brightidea will automatically check for ideas in the status which is being deleted and require the Administrator to migrate those ideas to another status!
Select the new status for those ideas and select "Delete Status" to proceed.
Modify Existing Status
To modify an existing Status, navigation to the appropriate status row and freely modify the text in either the status name, description name fields or select a new "System Status" mapping from the drop-down menu:
Idea Status Change Email Templates
You must configure your email template for your reason on the Enterprise level. Please note respective emails that will be triggered when an idea's status is changed.
Admins can configure both Idea Status Change email templates (one for Subscribers, and one for the Submitter).
- Admins will need to add the dynamic field of 'Comment' to the template to have the reason be reflected in the notification sent.