How can I close, archive, or deactivate my Site? What happens?
- Please use the following points to consider deactivating your Site:
Option #1) Group restrict the Site so it is not visible to users
- Group restrict the Site so it is not visible to users
- Restrict the Site to the one Innovation Program manager (or administrator) or a few other administrators, all information will be intact, yet no one can login besides the select few.
Option #2) Deactivate the Site options manually in Setup:
- Navigate to: Site Setup > Ideas > Idea Editing
- Administrators can deactivate/deselect idea editing, idea submission, comments submission, and voting (in voting tab if you have that enabled)
- Login is still allowed - but no one can conduct any further activity.
- Make sure to save changes!
Option #3) Ended Site URL
- There is also another option to re-direct the user to another URL if they hit the URL of the administrators' Site.
- It is a beta option we can set up for administrators.
- Please contact your Brightidea representative to set this up.
Option #4) Switch Enterprise Site State Selection to Closed or Archived
- In Enterprise Setup > Sites > Manage Sites, system administrators can set a Site to be active, closed, or archived:
- Shows up in Site lists for all Users allowed to see (based on group restriction)
- Obeys "Enterprise Site"
- Obeys "Public / private"
- Obeys Voting on/off
- Obeys Idea Submission on/off
- Shows up in campaign lists for campaign admins, system admins, and end users.
- Voting disabled (Grays out the Voting tab)
- Idea submission disabled
- Comment disabled; Comment replies disabled
- Blog Comment submission disabled
- Currently, 'Archived' campaigns follow the same rules as 'Closed' campaigns once enabled in Setup