An HTTP Header trace show information that was sent and received as you surf the web. It can be useful in debugging various web-development problems related to cookies, caching, redirection, proxy servers, etc. This will require that you install a separate plugin into IE or Firefox.
In Internet Explorer:
- Install the following application onto your computer,
- Follow the step by step prompts through the installation wizard.
- Once the IE plugin is installed, open IE, navigate to the "Tools" menu and select "Display ieHTTPHeaders"
- Once the plugin opens, navigate to the problem website and proceed to replicate the issue. After successful replication of issue, save the header information by right clicking inside the text area and clicking on "save".
- Proceed by sending the saved header information to your Brightidea support representative.
- Install the following plugin for Firefox (select "Install Firebug"),
- After installed the Firebug plugin, select the Firebug icon from the Firefox tool bar,
- When the bottom Firebug panel open, select the "Net" tab,
- Navigate to the problem website and proceed to replicate the issue.
- Take a look at the Firebug panel, see if there are any red error lines shown in the trace. If there are, take a screenshot and send it to your Brightidea Support representative.