Brightidea offers a way for all Administrators to upload important files, documents and images into an 'File Library'. This way, you can save files internally to avoid any conflicts when downloading/viewing important information.
- This "library" is available to all Brightidea administrators which can be found under Enterprise Setup or Site Setup > File Library
- The image library allows the administrator to upload images and other media files for use throughout the Brightidea system.
- Each file uploaded will generate a path URL that can be used within widgets, custom CSS, and in banner / footer.
- Once images are deleted, they are removed from our database.
- Any type of file is accommodated - including PDF's, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, image & video files.
- Confidential attachments allow ONLY logged in users to see attachments uploaded to ideas, in image widgets, or in image library.
- Public Sites - In new public Sites, confidential attachments do hold true. All attachments will be accessible in a public Site with a login into the public site.
- Turning on Option Mid-Site
- If the administrator enables the "Confidential File" attachment option - it will make all new attachments confidential and locked from outsiders.
- All previous images and attachments prior to the change will still be public.
- In the image library, there is an option for confidential attachments:
- The confidential file must be checked when uploading a new attachment.
- This check box is designated on a attachment to attachment basis.
- Therefore, the administrator must select this for every attachment he/she uploads.
- Once marked confidential, only logged in users can view those attachments.