Can you explain the 'Meta Keywords' & 'Meta Description' options in WebStorm?
- Both these options are geared for Public WebStorms. These options are used to have your audience find your WebStorm in search engines.
- They can be found in: WebStorm Setup --> Site ---> Info
- Meta Keywords
- Meta Keywords will help search engines categorize the keywords correctly.
- A brief and concise list of the most important themes of your page can be entered as Meta Keywords.
- Separate the Meta keywords with commas, Example: brilliant, ideas, collaborate.
- Both Meta Keywords and Meta Description are used for search engine optimization.
- Meta Description
- Meta Description provides a concise explanation of a WebStorm's content. This helps to give a more meaningful description for listings if the search engine was unable to automatically create its own description based on the page content. Almost all search engines recommend it to be shorter than 200 characters of plain text.
- Additionally, the 'Meta Description' field can be used to leverage Facebook's sharing/embedding tags when promoting your Public Challenge on Facebook.
- Please see Facebook's developer section here for more information on this topic.
<meta property="og:title" content="Challenge Name" />
<meta property="og:description" content="Challenge Description" />
<meta property="og:image" content="Image_URL.jpg" />