What is the difference between WebStorm blog & Enterprise blog?
- WebStorm blog =
- Blog forum solely located within the WebStorm. Therefore, users who have access to this WebStorm (via group/domain restriction) have the ability to read and review.
- Enterprise blog =
- Blog forum located across your Enterprise. Therefore, the users who have access to your Enterprise (which in most cases is everybody) have access to this blog. Enterprise blogs are blog posts that are tied to WebStorm level blogs but are shown on the Enterprise level.
- Each Enterprise blog post must select a "Blog Topic" first before being posted. The "Blog Topic" widget can be placed by your Brightidea representative
- Note - there is a maximum of THREE blog attachments at this time.
- Note: Both level blogs are PRIVATE (i.e. your users have to login first to view) unless you designate your WebStorm or Enterprise to be public.
- Please speak to your Brightidea representative regarding public Enterprise.
- First an Enterprise blog topic must be selected, then a blog post can be entered on the Enterprise level.
- If you are posting a blog post on the WebStorm level, you do not need to choose a 'Blog Topic'.
- If you post a blog on Enterprise and post it under WebStorm A, then when users log in to both Enterprise and/or WebStorm A - they will be able to see the blog.
- If you navigate to your Enterprise blog list (https://_____.brightidea.com/ct/c_blog_list.bix?a=OD____) you will be able to see all your blog posts across from Enterprise.
- If you navigate to your WebStorm blog list (https://_____brightidea.com/ct/ct_blog_list.bix?c=____) you will be able to see all your WebStorm blog posts.
- Both posts trigger emails accordingly to users for new blog post alerts.
- Blogs can be made on both levels in the system.
- To enable Enterprise Blog - navigate to Enterprise Setup ---> Site ---> Components:
- To enable WebStorm Blog - navigate to WebStorm Setup ---> Site ---> Components: