Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Top Indicators Panel
- Target Date Range
- Best Practice Data
- Engagement By Profile Field Panel
- Export Data
- The ''Challenge Engagement Dashboard' is a BETA feature in the Brightidea software. Please contact your Brightidea representative to enable this for your Brightidea system.
- Once the option is enabled, please make sure to add the [Challenge Engagement Dashboard] navigation item in Dynamic Navigation setup at the Challenge level.
Top Indicators Panel:
- The Engagement Dashboard has a panel at the top of the page with the ability to set a Target Date Range. This panel shows five important data points on engagement: Permitted, Invited, Visited, Viewed Topic, and Participated.
- Permitted: This is a total count of the number of people that have access to the challenge based on group restrictions.
- The 'Permitted' number can also be manually entered if SSO, the "All" group is used or the administrator would like to specify a different number.
- Note, please contact Brightidea to enable the BETA option "" if this functionality is desired.
- Select the pencil icon or the count, a data entry field will appear where the administrator can enter the Permitted count.
- Invited: Count of number of people (unique) who were invited to the challenge using Registration Invitations.
- Invited Percent of Total: Count of people invited / Count of people permitted.
- Visited: Count of the number of unique visitors
- Visited Percent of Total: Count of people visited / Count of people permitted.
- Note: If the user visits the challenge but they do not agree to the Terms and Conditions, they will not be counted in the 'Visited' metric!
- Viewed Topic: Count of unique visitors to the Challenge Topic page (this is the Challenge Home page 's.bix').
- Viewed Percent of Total: Count of people who viewed Topic page / Count of people permitted.
- Participated: Count of unique users who voted, commented, or submitted an idea. Each user is only counted once, so if a user voted and submitted, they would still only count once. A user has to do only one of the actions to be included in this count.
- Participated Percent of Total: Count of people who participated / Count of people permitted.
Target Date Range:
The Engagement Dashboard allows the administrator to set a Target Date Range that will determine the dashboard data analyzed. The Target Date Range applies to all data shown on the entire Engagement Dashboard unless otherwise specified.
- The Target Date Range will default to the date of Challenge launch to today.
- When the administrator selects the icon next to the field or clicks in the field, the panel will expand to allow them to set their date range. The administrator can select one (and only one) of the standard business period date ranges, or set a custom date range.
When the administrator selects the "Apply Dates" button, the date range selected will be applied.
Best Practice Data:
- Note: At this time, this section can only be enabled by Brightidea. Please contact us if you wish to have the best practice information added to your Engagement Dashboard.
Engagement By Profile Field Panel:
- This section breaks down the Permitted, Visited, and Participated data by department profile field or other additional profile field.
- Select the appropriate profile field from the drop-down menu to see the full dashboard data analyzed:
- Permitted Count: Total count of users in all the groups that have access to the Challenge and have the selected profile field value.
- Visited Count: Total count of users who visited that have the selected profile field value.
- Visited Percent: Total count of users that have the profile field value / total count of participants permitted that have the selected profile field value.
- Participated Count: Total count of users who participated (voted, commented, or submitted) that have the selected profile field value.
- Participated Percent: Total count of users who participated (voted, commented, or submitted) that have the selected profile field value / count of users permitted that have the profile field value.
- Please Note:
- The Number Permitted users at the Profile Field level is a count set from the number of users in the Groups with the Profile Field values that have access to the Challenge (WebStorm).
- This number can also be manually configured if needed by selecting the pencil icon within this field.
Without leveraging the 'Configurable Profile Fields' feature, the only fields that will show in this drop-down is the default 'Department' and Job Title profile fields.
If additional profile fields are added, those fields are also available in this 'Engagement By' drop-down list and can be used to analyze the engagement data.
- If there are profile field values that have not been defined, a line for Unknown will show after the last profile field value.
- For example, if there are profiles where the Department hasn’t been entered, where those users have visited and/or participated in the Challenge, the Unknown line should show:
- Selecting the 'Table' icon on the Engagement Dashboard, the IPM or Administrators can generate an Excel version of the data downloaded.