Brightidea is a Web-based SaaS (software as a service) application that runs in a Web browser. We support the following Web browsers running on Windows or Mac OS X.
- Google Chrome (latest version recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox (latest version recommended)
- Apple Safari (latest version recommended)
- Microsoft Internet Explorer:
- Internet Explorer 11 for all features
- Support for IE9/10 ended September 30th, 2017
- Please see Microsoft’s statement of end of support for Internet Explorer 9 and 10 as of January 2016 here.
- 'Compatibility View/Mode' is not supported in any version of IE.
- Microsoft Edge is not supported but is reported to work well.
- TLS v1.2 or above must be enabled in an effort to maintain the highest security standards and promote the safety of Brightidea customer data.
- Any custom API applications will not be able to access the Brightidea API if they do not support TLS 1.2 or above.
- In general, any standard compliant browser released in the past three years should work fine.