Brightidea allows for Submissions to be submitted by a Team of Users. All Team members will be treated as Submitters and will all have Submitter permissions.
- These permissions include Editing a Submission, being notified when a Comment is made, etc.
Admins can enable Team Submission under Site Setup > Ideas > Ideas:
There is a sub-option that Admins can enable as well. With this option enabled, Admins can have all Submitters get points (for both Post Idea and Idea promotion) or the Team Leader will get the points (whoever sets up the team and submits the idea).
Once enabled, any existing User can be added to the Submission Team (Note: they must have an existing account in your Brightidea). When the User posts a Submission - they will see an area to add Team members within the Submission Form...
... or through the View Submission page after the Submission has been created. The Submission Team can be viewed via the Idea Team widget.
Note: There is no limit on the number of Users that can be part of the Submission Team, but if a Team member is added to the Submission after the Submission is created, they will not receive any email notifications or points.
- Administrators cannot use pre-existing Teams (that have already submitted ideas). Each Team will need to be created for each Submission
- The Team name will show up in all Submission information, including reports, and Site Admin/Pipeline interface.
- Administrators can not import Submissions as a 'Team Submissions'.
- In regards to seeing ideas in history or profiles:
- Let's say Team One with User A, User B, and User C submit an idea. User A is the leader of the team.
- If User B and User C and go to their profile, they will not see that idea listed on my idea history.
- The idea can only have one owner in regards to the records. The points are distributed evenly however.
Does an added team member get alerted that she has been added to a team?
Is there a way to display the team members' names (not just team name) in the View Idea page?
No, user is not alerted.
There is an "Idea Team" widget in beta we can add to the idea page that will show the members of that respective idea's team.
So I could add any member on our system to my idea's team without their knowledge/consent?
At this time, anyone can be added to a team.
Is there a way in the tool to create and save a team? Some teams have several ideas and don't want to have to re-create the team again.
Unfortunately, there is no functionality to save teams, they must be created on each idea submission.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Is there an export that includes the names of everyone on a team?
Yes, please check the ideas report at the WebStorm level.
How do people know if they are accepted to a team on Hackathon? I am not seeing that feature working
The 'Request to Join Team' button allows users to send the idea submitter a private message.
Currently, there is no notification sent to the requester when added to a team for an idea. However, the submitter can manually send a message/email in return to notify the user of being accepted.