To make an administrative comment, an administrator must select the "Update from Admin" option from the dropdown menu in the comments section on the View Submission 2.0 page:
- Admin comments have the following characteristics:
- Visually distinct
- Pinned above other comments
- Listed chronologically
- Reflected in Ideas Reports under "Comments" field
- Once the comment is conducted by the administrator, they have the option to "Unpin" the comment:
- Administrator will get confirmation upon selection of the pin:
Important Things to Note:
- Idea submitters will get email notifications per comments to their ideas, regardless of admin or non admin comment.
- Admin comments are visible to end-users as well as administrators.
Why would you use the Admin Comment feature instead of the Comment feature? Is this just so the Suggester can see that the comment came from someone in the Admin capacity? I'd like it better if an Admin comment were private - only visible by Admins.
Admin comments get highlighted and pinned to the top of the comment thread and allow users who are viewing the idea to see important comments from administrators.
Agree with Kathy. We are using it as a tool to be able to track who we have talk to about the idea and kind of a personal notes section. Is there another way to do this?
I have the same request as Kathy and Kelly. Any way to keep the administrator comments private?
Unfortunately, there is still no way keep the admin comments private.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Additional info is not visible to end-user, the only option here would be to use the comment thread to communicate with the end user.
Please let me know if you have any other questions here.
Does the Administrator need to be a System Administrator (Enterprise Set-Up) to make an "Update from Admin" comment, or is it sufficient for the Administrator to be a WebStorm Administrator?
WebStorm admins will be able to post admin comments in any initiative where they are configured as admins. Enterprise admins can post admin comments in any initiative.