With simple promote/demote voting:
- “Votes of support” is the number of positive votes on a users submitted ideas
- Therefore, if user submitted two ideas… and 3 people “promoted” both ideas, my “Votes of Support” would be 6
With chip voting:
- There are two factors that need to be taken into account when it comes to reporting:
- Under Setup --->Users ---> Manage you will see two fields: Votes of Support and Total Points.
- If a user puts 3 chips on an idea, their votes of support will increase by 3.
- However, the "Total Points" will only increase by the reputation point multiplier, NOT the number of chip votes.
The point value multiplier can be found under Setup --> Users --> Reputation --> "Someone Promotes your idea"