Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Submitting a new 'Crowdfunding' Idea
- Funding an Idea
- Editing Funding
- Funding Statistics & Reporting
- Important Things to Note
- First, to get started with Crowdfunding capability, the administrator will first need to enable the WebStorm beta option "Enable Crowdfunding" under the BETA tab in WebStorm setup.
- Once enabled, the administrator can then enable "Crowdfunding" under the WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Voting
Submitting a new 'Crowdfunding' Idea
- When "Crowdfunding" is enabled, a new area will appear in the Post Idea page under the additional submission questions.
- Here, the user will see all crowdfunding components:
1) Funding Duration
- The funding duration is the amount of time an idea is collecting resources for the idea.
- By default, this time is set to one month from idea submission - however the idea submitter can choice any future date for their funding duration period.
2) Funding Goal
- The funding goal is be the minimum amount needed to complete the project. It consists of both budget and resources:
- Monetary Amount - Enter the dollar amount needed to complete the funding goal for your idea.
- Resources - Resources consist of a name and a month count.
- The idea submitter has the option of entering in the resource name (e.g. Engineering or QA) and the amount of "man months" each resource can/will commit.
- By default, there are three resource fields available and the idea submitter can add more as needed.
Funding an Idea
- With Crowdfunding enabled, each Challenge participant will have the ability to elect funding to any submitted idea.
- Funding ideas can be performed from the Idea Board page or View Idea 2.0 Page by selecting the "Fund This Idea" button:
- When any user clicks the "Fund This Idea' button, a popup will then appear where the user can enter funding data for the idea.
- Pledge Amount: Enter the desired dollar amount which will be pledged to the selected idea.
- Resource Amount: Enter the amount of resources pledged to this idea.
- Notes: A text input where a user can write specific notes about their funding allocations.
- Select the "Fund Idea" button to save the pledge amount and update the idea with the added pledge.
- If an idea has been funded, any user who has elected funding can edit their allocations by selecting the orange "Edit Fund" button on the View Idea 2.0 page,
- Once the desired funding changes are made, the user can update the allocation by selecting the "Save Edit" button on the pop-up,
- Funding Statistics will be shown on both the Idea Board and the View Idea 2.0 pages.
- Users can see the following statistics:
- Percentage completed of funding goal (also noted in the green status bar under the idea board image)
- Dollar amount pledged towards idea.
- Days left until funding goal completion.
- Once an idea has reached its funding goal, the idea will display: "This idea was successfully funded!" message:
- Ideas that do not reach their funding goal will display the "Did not reach funding goal" message on both pages:
Crowdfunding Stats Widget
- The "Funding Stats' widget can be added to any View Idea 2.0 page from the widget drop-down menu to show further idea funding statistics:
- This widget displays the following information:
- # of Participants who funded the idea
- Total amount of budget pledged to the idea (sum of all backers)
- Days left to go (using the Funding Duration date)
- Note: Selecting this area will toggle a popup to show list of users who funded the idea.
Important Things to Note:
- The administrator must enable View Idea 2.0 and/or Idea Boards in order to use 'Crowdfunding'
- As of now, this feature only supports American dollar currency notation.