How do I change profile information for my Brightidea users?
- Navigate to Site or Enterprise Setup > Users > Manage
- Enter in the users' email address or screen name you wish to update
- Select the correct result from the list, and then select "Show Details"
- Here, the administrator can edit the email address and other profile fields, then select "Save Profile" at the bottom of the screen:
Important things to note:
- No email notifications are sent, but any sessions with the new email address are terminated for security reasons, so any user must log back in with the new email address.
Is there a way to mass update user profiles? I have all the needed information in the "User Import" Template, but because they are already active users I cannot re-import their information with the updates needed for tracking.
You can update user profiles via import in the People Pillar. Please keep in mind that it will overwrite any discrepancies in the profile information. If you leave any fields blank in the template it will remove what is currently in the user profile. Thanks!
Thanks for the quick response. I moved everything over to the template provided by the 'People Pillar' Import, but I am having trouble getting the data to flow through. The template says that the upload is successful, but none of my data appears changed. Are there any common mistakes that I could be making to result in this problem?
Please make sure you are using the template provided in the People Pillar and not the one in WebStorm setup. If you use the template in the People Pillar it will make changes to the user profiles.
Hi, I'm planning on making some bulk updates using the import function. We have SSO turned on, and I'm wondering if I leave fields like User ID and Photo blank in the import file, will it overwrite what's in there now (I can't export those fields)