Within Brightidea, users have the ability to communicate with your fellow innovators via private messaging - right within your Brightidea system. To access this functionality - please consider the following:
- First, administrators need to make sure "Private Messaging" is enabled on either WebStorm or Enterprise levels:
- The administrator can find it under WebStorm or Enterprise Setup --> Site --> Components
Via Enterprise Level
- When using the updated Enterprise level profile, there is an option to send a message on the far left under the user's photo
- Select "Send a Message" - fill out subject and message body, and select "Send" when finished!
- Please Note: Users can find other users by using the Brightidea Search, or by selecting any user's name within the Updates feed, idea lists, or ideas, and more!
- By logging into the Brightidea Landing Page, any Brightidea user can see their unread, sent, previous messages.
- The user can also send new messages, delete, or mark unread messages
- If "Private Messaging" is disabled, the "Messages" tab will be removed from the Landing Page
- In Brightidea, any user can easily hover over any Brightidea user's name within the system - whether it'd be in an idea, a search, or widget or in the users' profile.
- Once hovered, user(s) can select "Message" and begin to enter message to that specific Brightidea user:
Via WebStorm Level
- If the Brightidea system is using the older version of the Enterprise profile and/or the WebStorm level profile - a "Send a Message" option will show on any users' profile:
- User profiles can be selected manually via anywhere in the site or in search.
- Administrators can add the "My Messages" widget on any page (including the profile) on WebStorm level or "Enterprise My Messages" widget on Enterprise level
Important things to Note:
- Rich text and HTML are not yet supported in private messages
- Private messages take into account timezone and date formatting within widgets and in the Brightidea Landing page.
- Private messages cannot be searched
- Emails are triggered from either WebStorm or Enterprise level templates
- The template can be easily edited - and is located in WebStorm or Enterprise Setup --> Site --> System Email Messages --> WebStorm --> Private Message Notification
Is it possible to send bulk private messages from a specific user?
There is no functionality in the software to send bulk messages at this time.
How does one send to multiple recipients? (space, semicolon and commas do not work)
And it does say 'Enter Recipient (s)'.
The private messaging feature is designed to only send to individual users. I will have our product team change this to 'Enter Recipient.' Please let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!
Thought so. Thanks Joe!
I'm just wondering if the interface is different now. Because I couldn't find Components tab on my Site Admin page anymore.