Within Brightidea, users have the ability to communicate with your fellow innovators via private messaging - right within your Brightidea system. To access this functionality - please consider the following:
- First, administrators need to make sure "Private Messaging" is enabled on either WebStorm or Enterprise levels:
- The administrator can find it under WebStorm or Enterprise Setup --> Site --> Components
Via Enterprise Level
- When using the updated Enterprise level profile, there is an option to send a message on the far left under the user's photo
- Select "Send a Message" - fill out subject and message body, and select "Send" when finished!
- Please Note: Users can find other users by using the Brightidea Search, or by selecting any user's name within the Updates feed, idea lists, or ideas, and more!
- By logging into the Brightidea Landing Page, any Brightidea user can see their unread, sent, previous messages.
- The user can also send new messages, delete, or mark unread messages
- If "Private Messaging" is disabled, the "Messages" tab will be removed from the Landing Page
- In Brightidea, any user can easily hover over any Brightidea user's name within the system - whether it'd be in an idea, a search, or widget or in the users' profile.
- Once hovered, user(s) can select "Message" and begin to enter message to that specific Brightidea user:
Via WebStorm Level
- If the Brightidea system is using the older version of the Enterprise profile and/or the WebStorm level profile - a "Send a Message" option will show on any users' profile:
- User profiles can be selected manually via anywhere in the site or in search.
- Administrators can add the "My Messages" widget on any page (including the profile) on WebStorm level or "Enterprise My Messages" widget on Enterprise level
Important things to Note:
- Rich text and HTML are not yet supported in private messages
- Private messages take into account timezone and date formatting within widgets and in the Brightidea Landing page.
- Private messages cannot be searched
- Emails are triggered from either WebStorm or Enterprise level templates
- The template can be easily edited - and is located in WebStorm or Enterprise Setup --> Site --> System Email Messages --> WebStorm --> Private Message Notification