In Brightidea, Users can now follow each other from the profile page (also known as the member landing page. Once you have followed another User, you will be Subscribed to all their activity.
- To follow a user:
- or select "Follow" in their profile page.
- Select "Follow":
- The user can simply hover over the user's profile picture in WebStorm or Enterprise to select 'Follow'
- Once s user is 'following' a person, they will receive an email noting that you have chosen to follow them.
- Email Template that controls this notification is under Enterprise Setup > System Email Messages > Initiatives > Follow User
- On the user's Member Landing page, they will be subscribed to see their ideas, comments, posted updates, votes, as well as seeing their own.
- Users can always "unfollow" someone as well by selecting the same link on the users' profile
- Note: The follow functionality only works with Enterprise profiles enabled at the WebStorm level.
- If WebStorm profiles are used, the follow button will not appear on the hover.
- Administrators can hide the elements via Custom CSS in Enterprise Setup
To see the Follow button for a user, you must be using Enterprise Profile pages.
Is the Follow button available at the community level as well?
The follow button is only available on the Enterprise profile page.