Within Brightidea, the system administrator can set a custom vanity domain / vanity URL / masked domain for their system.
- For example, the admin system's Vanity URL would be:
- "https://yourcompany.brightidea.com" for Enterprise login
- "https://yourcompany.brightidea.com/webstormname" for WebStorm login.
- Important Note: For any custom secure "Masked URL", e.g. "https://challenge.mycompany.com", please contact your Brightidea Account Manager for more information.
- Secure masked URLs which have a non brightidea.com domain, will require a custom implementation on Brightidea servers.
- To set this up, it requires configuration on the Enterprise level, and any underlying WebStorms - here is the step by step process:
Enterprise Level - Vanity URL
- First, the system administrator navigates to Enterprise Setup ---> Site ---> Info
- The administrator can choose up to THREE different domains for their Vanity URL.
- The system administrator can type in the vanity URL of their Brightidea system
- The administrator can type in "yourcompany.brightidea.com"
- Once the domain is set in the Enterprise level, all the administrator has to select is what they want their WebStorm Alias to be:
- If the URL was yourcompany.brightidea.com/ideas - "ideas" is your WebStorm Alias
- If the WebStorm alias is available to use - it will show a green "Available" message.
- If the WebStorm alias is already in use elsewhere - it will show a red "Unavailable" message prompting the administrator to try another alias.
- If the WebStorm alias is in use - it will shine a green "Active"
- Don't forget to 'Save Changes'!
Important Things to Note:
- By default, all URLs point to the homepage for Enterprise and WebStorm:
- Enterprise Homepage = (https://____.brightidea.com/ct/c_es.bix?a=___)
- WebStorm Home Page = (https://____.brightidea.com/ct/s.bix?c=__)
- Please note that ALL email notificiations inherit the selected domain used.
- Hyphens cannot be used in Vanity URL at this time.
- WebStorm level reports will still reflect the old long URL.
- If a user attempts to use different domains at the same time, their session will be killed.