- Brightidea's allows administrators to easily create new Sites in their Enterprise system through either Enterprise Setup or Pipeline
Creating Challenge/Site from the Command Center:
- Navigate to the Apps Pillar in the Command Center:
- Once there the administrator can choose to create a new Challenge/Site using one of the pre-built apps, copy and existing Pipeline or create a new custom Pipeline:
- In creating a new custom Pipeline administrators have the option to choose the name of what participants will be submitting
- The new Pipeline (with associated Challenge/Site) will appear in the left navigation bar once created,
- To get started: Navigate to: Enterprise Setup > Sites > Create Site
Complete the following fields to create a new Site:
- Site Name (Max: 50 Characters)
- Sponsor - The user who will be the administrator for the Site
- Topic - A description of the new Site
- Access Group - Select the appropriate user Groups which will have access to the Site.
- Learn more about groups here!
- URL - Pick from your Vanity system URL from the drop-down and also enter suffix for the Site URL
- Template (Choose from an Existing Site Template to automatically copy the existing Site Settings/CSS/Widgets/Emails)
- Schedule - Select this option with the appropriate Launch and Close dates if there are plans on scheduling the new Site.
- Learn more about scheduling Sites here!
- Pipeline - Create a custom Pipeline for the new Site.
- Learn more about Pipeline Management here!
Once the administrator selects "Create Site", the administrator will see the "Your Site has been Created! confirmation screen.
- Select "View the Site" to navigate to the Site created!
Important things to Note:
- The new Site will only have the groups confirmed initially in the wizard attached to it, please make sure to add any additional requested groups to give other users in the system access as needed.
- The Site will be not accessible to anyone prior to group addition for the new Site.
- To add groups directly, please navigate to Enterprise Setup > Sites > Manage Sites.
- Also please be aware that the administrator must have at least ONE VANITY DOMAIN setup under Enterprise Setup > Site > Info
- This wizard will copy all SSO settings from the Site template (if applicable).
- The wizard will copy customized email text from one Site to another.
- Reputation points do not get copied over to a new Site. They need to be manually adjusted for all new Sites.
- Please leverage the 'Copy Site' feature if the administrator wishes to copy over further attributes