Linking Submissions Via Pipeline
- In Pipeline, submissions can be linked from both Step View and List View
- To Link Submissions from the Step View, the administrator can select two or more submissions and either click the "Actions" button or right click and then select "Link Submissions"
- Note: Within the Steps view, the Submissions must be selected at the same time (with shift key) to link them:
- Depending on what you have set as your Submission name within Site Setup > Ideas > Ideas, you may see this labeled differently.
- Once "Link Submissions" is selected the administrator will see a pop up box to confirm linking the submissions
- To confirm click "Link Submissions"
- After "Link Submissions" is submitted the user will see a pop up to confirm that the ideas have been linked
- To Link Submissions from List View, the Administrator can highlight the submissions by selecting the checkbox in the left column and then click the "Actions" button, or right-clicking and then select "Link Ideas"
- Note: Depending on what you have set as your Submission name within Site Setup > Ideas > Ideas, you may see this labeled differently.
- Within List View the administrator has the ability to view linked submissions within that Pipeline.
- To view submissions that are linked make sure that "Linked Submissions" is an enabled column in the List View by selecting "Link Submissions" from the ellipsis (three-dot) icon:
- The administrator will now be able to see which submissions are linked in List View
Linking Ideas Via "Submissions Details" Widget
- On the View Submissions page Users can view linked submissions with the "Submission Details" widget:
- The administrator can also link submissions together within this widget and unlink them as well
- To link submissions with the "Submission Details" widget hover over the "Linked Submission" section of the widget and click the pencil icon:
- Within this view the administrator can link additional submissions:
- Within this view the administrator can also unlink submissions by hovering over any of the linked submissions and clicking on the "X" icon.
- When finished linking/unlinking ideas click "Save Changes":
Important Things to Note:
- The submissions will be noted to be linked for both administrators and end users.
- NEW - You can now link any Submission to one another across all Initiatives! If there is a Submission that provides great value to another Submission, but they are both in separate Initiatives, you can now link them to each other!
- Comments on linked submissions are not shared, they are respective to the submission they were made on.
- Linking submissions do not change any points or change idea ownership
- The system will trigger the "Link Idea Notification" email template to all respective idea submitters - when ideas are linked
- There is no limit to how many submissions you can link in Pipeline or View Idea 2.0 page.
- There is no current API for linked submissions.
- Linking submissions have no affect on action item scores and/or the evaluation process - It is just a reference to submissions for better decision making.