Everything You Need to Know about Project Management 'Milestones'!
Table of Contents
- Creating Milestone(s)
- Editing / Deleting Milestone(s)
- Associating To-Do's with Milestones
- Marking a Milestone complete
- Milestone Reporting / Exports
- Important things to Note!
- As an administrator, to add a milestone to the project, conduct the following:
- Navigate to your project in Pipeline
- Select "Milestones" sub-tab
- The project owner, team member and/or system administrator must add the following to the milestone:
- Milestone Title
- Milestone Description
- Milestone Date
- When finished, select "Create Milestone"
Editing / Deleting Milestones
- Navigating to the 'Milestones' sub-tab will allow the user to edit a milestone.
- The user can edit the title and/or description of a milestone by right-clicking on the milestone line and select "Edit Milestone".
- Milestone can also be deleted with the same right-click menu or by clicking the red 'X' at the end of the milestone line.
- The Project Owner / Administrator can also mark a milestone 'important' by clicking on the exclamation point.
Associating To-Do's with a Milestone
- For each milestone, there could be many to-do's before the milestone is considered complete.
- In order to associate To-Do items with a specific milestone, first select an individual milestone then drag a To-Do from the right-hand side to the bottom To-Do panel.
- This will associate a specific To-Do with the Milestone
Marking a Milestone Complete
- Once all the underlying to-do's for the milestone are complete and/or if the project team member / administrator wishes to check off a milestone as complete - they can do so.
- To mark a milestone complete - navigate to the 'Milestones' subtab for the project, right click on the milestone and select "Mark as Complete".
- Once the milestone is completed, it is reflected in the milestone list with a greyed-out icon and crossed-out name and on the project page as well.
- An email will also be triggered based on milestone completion to the project team members and followers.
Milestone Reporting / Exports
- There is a report to access regarding milestones.
- This report provides information around each project - how many milestones are open, completed, and its related to-do's.
- The report can be found in Pipeline Setup --> Reports ---> Milestones
Important Things to Note!:
- Any project team member can mark milestones complete / incomplete.
- Any activity above will be tracked in logs and in Updates feed for project followers and members.
- Please refer to project wall options to disable any updates
- No label translation is available for milestones at this time.
- Milestones are reflected to any associated To-Do's in all To-Do pages:
- If needed, project team members / system administrators can refer to, edit, or remove milestones to associated 'To-Do's