Can I import project(s) into Project Management?
- Yes - we have a new beta feature that will allow administrator to import projects right into and from Pipeline. Here is how to do it:
- Navigate to Pipeline and select the "Project Import" icon (it is next to Export on the far right of the Pipeline grid:
- The user will then receive a pop-up box that will direct them to select and upload their project import template.
- Please select the "Download Import Project Template" link
- In the .csv file downloaded, the administrator will see the columns that he/she must fill out the necessary fields.
- Please make sure the date formats are in the exact format as in the template.
- Any portfolio's created on that project row will automatically put that project in that Pipeline portfolio.
- The admin can leave any portfolio cells empty if they wish to not put every project in its' own portfolio
- The admin can also import new projects into existing portfolios if they already exist in Pipeline - please be sure to confirm spelling and spacing so the name is exact as it is in Pipeline
- Entering in existing portfolio names can be done on more than just one row in the template.
- Once the admin saves their .csv file to their computer, he/she can upload the template into the Project Import.
- The admin will receive a popup confirmation noting how many portfolios and/or projects will be imported.
- Select "Upload" to complete the import
- The administrator will then see their imported projects in the Pipeline grid.
Important things to Note:
- All users do not have to exist for the import
- If the admin enters in an email address/user name that the system does not recognize - the member(s) will be created with the project import.
- No emails will be triggered to the project owners when imported
- The projects will take the next available project ID's
- Therefore, if "L982" was their last Pipeline project, then "L983" will be the first project code in their import list
- Also be aware that duplicate project names will be honored in an import
- Therefore, any project names uploaded through the import will be allowed - the system does not check for duplicates.