How do I Mass Import / Update / Export Project teams in Project Management?
- Our current Project Team feature becomes difficult to manage with large groups, as each team user must be searched and added individually.
- Refer to this article regarding the basics around Project Teams
- To make this process faster and easier, we will introduce a new option to export existing project teams. This project team export can then be imported into the system to update users and create new teams.
- Please speak to your Brightidea representative to enable this beta feature.
- In Pipeline Setup ---> Users ---> Project Teams, there will be a new section added below the Project Team editor.
Exporting Project Teams
- Selecting “Export Teams” button will export an Excel file with all the current Brightidea project teams.
- This export will have the following columns:
- Project Team: This is the name of the Project Team
- Username: Username of the user who is on the Project Team
- Email: Email address of the user who is on the Project Team
- An example of what can be exported:
- Please note that users may appear in multiple teams.
Creating Project Teams
- First, administrators must create their template to import.
- To do so, select "Export Teams" to obtain the .xls template.
- Here, use the three column headers to fill out: Project Team, Email Address, and Screen Name:
- Note: All Project team names must be EXACTLY the same if used in multiple rows.
- i..e - if administrator puts in "Team Europe" in Row 1, then "TeamEurope" in Row 2, it will create two different groups
- Note: All project team members must exist in the Brightidea system prior to importing.
- Save the .xls file to hard drive.
- Next, go back to Pipeline Setup and select “Update Teams” button
- The system will then prompt the user to upload an .xls file template
- Administrator may now select that import file and select “Open"
- After the import file is selected, the user should see the following warning with the Modal popup:
- Note: The import will check for existing users. If user(s) are not in the Brightidea system prior to import, the import will skip users trying to import.
- Please refer to our User Import feature if the admin needs to import users into the Brightidea system first before importing them into project teams.
Updating Project Teams
- Administrators may edit the Project Team export spreadsheet.
- Administrators may add or remove new users from existing Project Teams, or create new Project Teams by adding new values and users to the Project Team column.
- Administrators can select "Update Teams" which will prompt the user to upload an .xls template
- The administrator will receive this prompt prior to import
- Select "Update" to continue
- For any project team listed in the Project Import spreadsheet:
- If the team already exists, and is included in the Import, it will add new users and remove any existing users not included in import
- If the team does not exist, but is included in the Import, it will create a new team and add the listed users
- During the upload, a popup will report any team members in the spreadsheet who are not registered users
- If a team already exists, and is not included in the Import, the team will be removed
- Please Note: Users may appear in multiple teams.
- The administrator will receive the green confirmation on top of the screen
- The administrator can then review their newly created team in Pipeline Setup as if it were created manually