What is the Scorecard tool for?
The Scorecard tool type provides Pipeline Managers / Administrators with the ability to the find best ideas using a template based questionnaire. Scorecards have fully customizable templates that allow the Pipeline Managers / Administrators to find the exact information they need and choose the best idea.
- Template / Questionnaire configuration
- Single interface for all scorecard action items
- Track scoring progress
- Engage other evaluators through comments
When a Scorecard Action Item is triggered, the Evaluator can provide any of the following:
- Review all components of the idea (attachments, votes, comments, any additional information) to help complete the scorecard questions / answers.
- Provide feedback and/or ask questions through comments (to both idea submitters and/or fellow evaluators)
Configure the Scorecard Tool:
To get started with Scorecards, navigate to Step Ellipsis Menu > Configure Scorecard:
In the Scorecard configuration section, the Pipeline Manager will need to set the following parameters:
- Individual Assignment: Any user configured as an Evaluator will automatically be assigned an action item per each note submission.
- Note: There can be a maximum of 30 evaluators per step
- Category Assignment: Action items for by category will be triggered when an note is submitted with the same category the user is assigned to.
- Note: There is a limit of 30 evaluators per category (180 total per step).
- Select Template Setup to create a new template or modify an existing one.
- Learn more about Scorecard templates here!
- Due Date: The manager can set the due date dynamically from date assigned or manually select a date if needed.
- Idea Editing: Assignees who are not already administrators will be able to edit some attributes such as idea title, description and category.
- Action Items: Cancel open action items when submission moves out of Step.
- Send Alerts:
- Daily emails will include any Action Items assigned from the previous day
- Daily, Assignees will receive a single email alert for new Action Items for that step at 9:00 a.m. (this will respect system time zone settings)
- Immediately: An email alert will be sent Immediately to each Assignee when a new Action Item is assigned.
- Daily: An email alert will be sent to each Assignee when the first Action Item is assigned. Subsequent email alerts will be sent Daily.
- Email Subject and Body: The assigner has the option to enter in any desired email subject and body text - which will be sent to the selected evaluators.
- Dynamic Fields: Allows the assigner to include dynamic fields in an Email
- Evaluations Tab: Enables the ability to display evaluation results to submitters and team members.
- Click here to learn more
- Recurring Reminders: Send email reminders to assignees after X days of inactivity.
- Action Item Escalation: Notify certain recipients when an action item hasn’t been completed in X days.
Select Activate to complete the configuration.
- After the action item is triggered in Brightidea, the assignee will receive an email / notification notifying them of their open Scorecard action item to complete.
- Once assigned, the evaluators can complete their scorecard action items by filling out the scorecard questionnaire and selecting Commit Scorecard
Important Note: Once a Scorecard evaluation has been completed for a Submission, the Pipeline Steps View will show the overall score next to the Submission. Hovering over the Submission will also show how many Evaluators have completed and are remaining to evaluate.
What formula is used to calculate scorecard scores?
- Please refer to the below formula for any manual scorecard calculations:
- The total point counts across all scorecard questions is added and divided by the total number of possible points to create a scorecard score.