Table of Contents:
- Creating Stages
- Creating a New Step
- Tool Types
Creating Stages in Brightidea
- Stages in Brightidea are used to organize and group different steps/tool types depending on your process work-flow.
- Example, the Manager can separate the work-flow into three separate stages:
- To create a Pipeline stage, select the "+" sign in the lower right-hand corner.
- In the pop-up box, select "Create a New Stage"
- In the "Create Stage" box, input the stage name
- Select the "Innovation State" from the drop down options:
- Select "Create" to finish.
- After creating the new stage(s), Pipeline managers can drag and drop steps/tools as needed to setup the desired work-flow:
- Stages can also be moved and reordered in Pipeline with the drag and drop feature by selecting the icon to the left of the stage name
Creating a New Step
Steps in Platform contain the ideas from all Challenges, they allow Administrators & Pipeline Manager(s) to advance ideas through various tool types and configure custom work-flows for any need possible.
- To create a new step, select the "+" sign in the lower right-hand corner of Platform
- Within the 'Create Step' pop-up fill in the required criteria:
- Step Name: Enter the name for the new step
- Select Tool Type: Select the required tool type for the new step.
- More about each tool type below.
- Select Stage: Select the stage name of where the new step will be placed.
- Complete the process by selecting "Create".
What is the 'Review' tool for?
- The 'Review' step is intended ensure newly submitted ideas meet the qualification criteria for your challenge.
- The Review step allows Pipeline Managers or administrators to trigger action items to idea evaluators or subject matter experts to fully review ideas assigned to them.
- When a 'Review' action item is triggered, the assignee can perform any of the following:
- Further review the submitted idea content
- Change Idea Status and/or Category
- Toggle Visibility
- Add Comments and Tags
- Fill in Additional Info fields
- Learn more information about the Review tool here
What is the 'Single Scale' tool for?
- The 'Single Scale' step is intended to allows Pipeline Managers / Administrators to engage their subject matter experts earlier on in the idea selection process. The assigners can receive really quick and impactful numeric ratings on ideas being considered for selection / handoff.
- This allows for evaluations of ideas based on number scale system (e.g. 1 -7). This allows idea evaluators to quickly and efficiently go through an assigned list of ideas and provide their feedback instantly.
- When a 'Single Scale' action item is triggered, the evaluator / screener can provide any of the following:
- Review all components of the idea (attachments, votes, comments, any additional information) to provide a numeric rating on an idea
- Provide feedback and/or ask questions through comments (to both idea submitters and/or fellow screeners)
- Learn more information about the Single Scale tool here
What is the 'Scorecard' tool for?
- The 'Scorecard' step in Platform provides the Pipeline Managers / Administrators with the ability to the find best ideas using a template based questionnaire.
- Scorecards have fully customizable templates that allow the Pipeline Managers / Administrators to find the exact information they need and choose the best idea.
- Template / Questionnaire configuration
- Single interface for all scorecard action items
- Track scoring progress
- Engage other evaluators through comments
- When a 'Scorecard' action item is triggered, the evaluator / screener can provide any of the following:
- A review all components of the idea (attachments, votes, comments, any additional information) to help complete the scorecard questions / answers.
- Provide feedback and/or ask questions through comments (to both idea submitters and/or fellow evaluators)
- Learn more information about the Scorecard tool here
What is the 'Stack Rank' tool for?
- The 'Stack Rank' step in the Brightidea's Platform provides the Pipeline Managers / Administrators with the ability to quickly find the best ideas using an order based system.
- Determine order of ideas best to worst
- Send 'Stack Rank' action items to list of people who put ideas in a stack rank.
- When a 'Stack Rank' action item is triggered, the evaluator / screener will be able to place the assigned ideas in their desired order from best to worst.
- Learn more information about the Stack Rank tool here
What is the 'Pairwise' tool for?
- The 'Pairwise' step in Platform is an “A/B” idea comparison tool. The evaluator can then select the idea they like better - or select neither idea before being presented with the next pairing.
- Evaluator is presented with two ideas at a time, and selects the best one
- After all ideas are chosen / not chosen, an algorithm then ranks the ideas based on a point system.
- When a 'Pairwise' action item is triggered, the evaluator / screener(s) will be able to select the best idea from each comparison.
- Learn more information about the Pairwise tool here
What is the 'Development' tool for?
- The 'Development' step provides the Pipeline Managers / Administrators with ability to gather and build out ideas that are chosen to move forward.
- The manager can then create custom 'Development' questions to further gather information for each idea.
Once questions and fields are set, he/she can then assign a 'Development' action item to the idea's submitter.
- Learn more information about the Development tool here
No Tool Selected
What is the 'No Tool Selected' step for?
- The 'No Tool Selected' step provides the Pipeline Managers / Administrators with ability to archive/hold ideas in a step that require no further evaluations or actions.
- Example, after ideas are evaluated, the Pipeline Manager can move those ideas to this step type and work on newly submitted ideas.
- To work with this step type, simply add it to the respective Challenge Pipeline and move ideas to it as needed.
Managing Ideas directly from the Steps view
The Pipeline Manager can filter, sort, and perform actions on ideas directly from the Steps area.
- Ideas in the Steps view can be filtered by status and category.
- Ideas can be sorted in ascending or descending order based on:
- Submission Date
- Step Result
- The Pipeline Manager can also perform actions on ideas directly from the steps view.
- The selected ideas will be highlighted in blue.
- Once highlighted, select the top "Action" menu to perform any of the available actions on the selected ideas.
- To get started, select ideas from any of the steps by clicking directly on them.
- Any user assigned as an action item evaluator will be able to post/view General Access, Private, and Submitter Q&A comments