✓ Whitelist your System Email Address
Important system notifications for administrators and participants are sent out from your Brightidea system. Prior to the launch of your first Initiative, be sure to test out your system email address to prevent:
- Emails being blocked
- Email being marked as spam
This feature allows administrators to setup Single Sign-on (SSO) integration between Brightidea and a company’s identity management system. It also provides tools for administrators to help support user SSO login experience.
- Prior to setting up SSO please read Brightidea’s SSO implementation guide here.
✓ People Pillar, User Import and Groups
Utilize the User and Group imports to pre-load users into your Brightidea site.
Note: Brightidea cannot import user passwords. After the user import, users must go to the login page and select ‘Forgot Password’ to reset and create a new password for themselves.
The ‘ALL’ group contains every user in your system. If you have SSO, anyone who has ever visited your system will be included in this group.
Prior to launching an Initiative, confirm you have applied the correct user group(s) to the challenge.
- If an end user is not in a group applied to an Initiative they will not have access to it.
- If an evaluator is not in a group applied to an Initiative they will not have access to any actions (evaluations) for that challenge.
✓ Scheduler and System Time Zone
Confirm your system is set to the correct time zone. This will ensure your Site starts and ends at the correct time, End users have access to the Initiative, and communications such as newsletters get sent at the correct time.
- End users can not submit ideas, vote or collaborate on ideas until the Initiative has started.
- Always confirm the start and end date on the submission, voting and commenting periods when using the Scheduler.
- Note Daylight savings time*
The Rules Engine automates your workflow. It works in the background and is triggered by an event, meets a condition and preforms an action. It’s very important to check that a rule is configured correctly and makes logical sense in relation to your workflow. Unintended actions of misconfigured rules include:
- Triggering of bulk emails
- Sending of email(s) to the wrong recipient. (submitter, admin, group)
- Sending action items out at the wrong time or to the wrong evaluators in your workflow
- Moving an idea(s) to the wrong step in the workflow.
- Rules conflicting with other rules
Prior to evaluating the ideas that have been submitted to your Initiative, review the implications of your workflow.
- Confirm that each step has the correct evaluators assigned to it (only 30 SME’s per step)
- If you add a new evaluator after ideas have been dropped and action items have been sent out, the evaluator will only receive action items on new ideas that enter that step.
- When an idea is submitted by default it will land in the first step (column) of your pipeline.
Prior to activating your Scorecard step, confirm you have selected the correct Scorecard template from the dropdown menu.
Prior to moving ideas into a Scorecarding step, always review your Scorecard template:
- Questions and Question Type
- Answers and Answer point value
Applying domain restrictions permit access to only those users with specified email domain(s).
- Domain restrictions can be applied on the Enterprise Level and the Initiative Level.
- Any email domain not added to the list, including admins, will not be able to log in or register.
✓ Widgets and Custom Design
Disable widget setup mode when you’ve completed adding/removing widgets to your page. Widgets can be deleted or moved into the wrong position on the page very easily.
- The editing or deleting of these widgets can break the design and functionality of your system. Please consult with your Brightidea Representative before making any design changes!
Please comment below with any questions or feedback, Happy Innovating!