Brightidea System Administrators have the ability to assign "Initiative Administrators" for specific Sites on their Brightidea site.
The Initiative Administrators have the ability to manage any Site/Pipeline that they are given administrator access including access to all respective setup areas described below.
Table of Contents
- For administrators, the Site Administrator user role can be configured in either Initiative/Site setup under Setup > Users > Administrators or the Apps Setup Wizard:
- Under each Pipeline Setup, there is a section for Roles to be configured. Here you can assign Pipeline Administrators.
- Site Administrators can also be configured in the Setup menu for any of Brightidea's Applications:
What can the 'Pipeline/Site Administrator' role access and what actions can they perform?
- Through global navigation the Site Administrator will only be able to access Pipelines that they are assigned as Site Administrator.
- The Site Administrator will be not be able to access the Command Center, People, Apps, Innovations, Analytics and System Setup.
- In Site setup, the administrator for the Site can configure the settings and options including:
- Manage users
- Configure Site level Email Templates
- Manage Site level widgets
- Change the design/custom CSS on the Site.
- Import Ideas
- Configure Idea Submission form
- Configure Idea Categories
- Configure Idea Statuses.
- View & Export Site data
- And more!
- By design this role will not be able to access Enterprise Setup.
- Site Administrators can configure dynamic navigation item in Site Setup.
- Site administrators will be able to view navigation items set to "Admin" or "All" for Sites they are assigned as administrator for
- Site administrators have the ability to add, remove, and edit widgets throughout their Site pages.
- Click here to learn more about widget setup mode.
- Site administrators have the ability to change labels in their Site through either Site setup or Label Edit mode.
- Click here to learn more about label edit mode.
- For Ideas the Site Administrator can perform all the same actions just like the System Administrator including:
- Within Pipeline the Initiative Administrator role can:
- Access Pipeline setup for their Pipeline.
- Change Pipeline (on idea) between Pipeline they have administrator access to.
- Create, delete, or move Steps
- Create, delete, move, or update Stages
- Delete Ideas
- Configure and Change Steps
- Assign Action Items using the various tool types.
- Copy, link and move ideas between Pipelines that they have 'Site Administrator' access to.
- Access the “Manage Step” area for all step tool types.
- Export Reports from Steps and Idea List View.
- Within the Action Items Manager the Site Administrator can:
- View, delete, cancel, and reopen action items for Pipelines which they have Site Administrator access to.
- Site Administrators will not be able to:
- Access other Pipelines that they do not have administrator access to.
- Create or delete Pipelines (including using Apps)
- The Site Administrator will be able to access Dashboards in the Pipelines they have access to.
- The Site Administrator will not be able to access any of the Enterprise Dashboards, Command Center Dashboards, or the Business Results Dashboard.
- If you are on Brightidea's Admin-based licensing, each user who is configured as Initiative administrator on your Brightidea site will count as an admin license towards your Brightidea subscription.
- The Site 'Sponsor' has the exact same permissions as described above for 'Initiative Administrator', they are essentially another Administrator for the given Pipeline/Site.