Capturing new ideas is now much easier! Brightidea's My Ideas provides a way to capture any idea from any employee at any time! This allows users a place to save their great ideas now and place them in an Initiative at a later time.
Table of Contents
How to Enable
Brightidea's My Ideas feature should be enabled for all Brightidea site by default.
If your Brightidea does not show this feature, please contact your Account Manager or the Brightidea Support team to have them enable for you.
Capturing an Idea
To Capture an Idea when inspiration hits, the quickest way to add an idea is to click the "plus sign" icon at the top-right of your Global Navigation:
Here, a dialog box should appear prompting you to document your idea. You will include items such as Title, Tags and an image.
You will notice that there is no Initiative attached when a User captures an Idea. This is because the Idea is not considered a Submission until it is attached to an Initiative.
If you wish to send your Idea via email, you can easily submit your idea to email@example.com
- Replace company.brightidea.com with your company's URL.
- If your company is using multiple URLs, you can use either one as long as myidea@ is at the front.
Voice submissions via Alexa will soon be available, stay tuned for more information...
Viewing and Editing My Ideas
Once you have entered an Idea, you have the ability to review your Ideas at any time after they have been submitted.
Navigate to your User Homepage, and here you will see a section that has a list of all your personal ideas.
From here, you can edit your personal idea by adding a Description and Images. You can also see the creation date of your Idea and, if you are ready, add it to an Initiative by clicking the "Create Submission..." button:
- User's 'Ideas' are not visible to administrators/moderators or anyone else other than the user who creates them.
- Only the idea creator has access to view/edit their ideas under their user account.
- There are currently no exports or reporting available for 'My Ideas'
- Please note, 'My Idea' is not a 'Submission', it will only be a submission and visible to other users if the idea creator decides to post it in an Initiative within your Brightidea site.
- An Idea can be in thought of as a personal idea, just like your email or personal notes.