Users are having trouble accessing Brightidea. What are the steps admins can take to resolve this?
To troubleshoot user access issues, it is recommended that an administrator take the following steps:
- Ask the user which URL was used for access, and a screen shot of any error screen they may have encountered. This information can be used later to diagnose and resolve the problem.
- If the user encounters an error screen from your organization's SSO (i.e. branded by your organization), the problem may reside within your organization's SSO setup. In this case, it may be best to first reach out to your IT team for further troubleshooting.
- If the user encounters a Brightidea-branded error screen,
- Check whether the URL visited is accessible to the user's role in the application (ex. are they an end user attempting to access an admin-only area). If the user has not been assigned the appropriate role, configure their access from the system or initiative site setup menu.
- Check whether the URL visited is domain restricted, and whether the user's domain is within the permitted domains. If the user's email domain is not in the list, add it.
- Check whether the URL visited is group restricted, and whether the user is within the permitted group. If the user is not within the permitted group, add their account.
- Check whether there is an SSO error within the Brightidea SSO logs. If there is an SSO error, use the SSO guide to troubleshoot. You may need to update SSO settings to resolve the issue.
If you have gone through the steps above and the user is still having difficulty with access, please contact Brightidea Support Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) with information about the issue including the user's email address and a screenshot of the error page.