Everything You Need to Know about 'Idea Boards 3.0'!
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Setting Up Default Idea Image
- Submitting Ideas with New Idea Image
- Viewing / Voting / Favoriting Ideas
- Filtering Your 'Idea Board'
- Engaging with other Innovators
- Important Things to Note!
- To enable, navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Idea Boards
- Once there, select 'Idea Boards 3.0'
- Administrators can also enable/disable various sorting/filter options displayed to users:
- This can be enabled individually on all WebStorm(s) - so if the administrator wishes to exclude certain WebStorms from this format, administrators can do so.
- Administrators can also toggle on/off afterwards to revert back to the previous idea layout. The system will save all pre-existing widgets and formatting on the previous idea list.
PLEASE NOTE - IF YOU HAVE CUSTOM CSS IN YOUR WEBSTORM - please test this feature in a Sandbox WebStorm first with any branding to confirm it formats correctly.
Setting Up Default Idea Image
- Prior to rolling out to end users, the WebStorm (or System) Administrator can set a default image if the idea submitter wishes to opt out of selecting their own specific idea image to be displayed on the Idea Board.
- To set this up, the administrator navigates to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Ideas
- Once there, the administrator can select 'Add Idea Image to Idea Submission Forms'
- The administrator will then see a section named 'Idea Image.'
- The administrator can select a default idea image by either dragging or dropping an image file into the gray window or selecting the window to upload.
- Once an image is dropped or selected, the administrator must crop a square size image from the image uploaded.
- He / she then will drag the square around the image and select 'Save'
- Now the administrator will see the default idea image.
- Select 'Save Changes'!
- Please note that at this time the default idea image can only be either JPEG, GIF or PNG files
- The administrator can edit this image at any time to update the default idea image for those ideas that neglected to choose their own.
- Once enabled and it aligns with any custom widgets or CSS - the system is ready to go!
- Please note, administrators have the option of defaulting to category images instead of idea images
- Read more about that option, here!
Submitting Ideas with New Idea Image
- Once setup, all users (end users and administrators) will see the exact process:
- The idea submitter can choose to default to the idea image (that was previously setup by the administrator) or choose their own image for their idea
- The idea submitter can then drag or upload their image file, crop it, and submit it with their idea
- Note: The minimum image size is 300x300px.
- As ideas are submitted, all users can experience a more fluid experience by scrolling and scanning each idea.
- Users can view the
- Idea submitter
- Vote count
- Comment count
- Users can see whether the idea is in their Favorites
- Users can hover over the idea image and select the idea
Filtering 'Idea Boards'
- Within the Idea Board, or list, the user has options to customize their view in various ways. Here below, we'll review the current possibilities that the user can take advantage of.
- To enable sorting, navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Idea Boards
- Once there, select any of the four 'Sort Tabs.'
- In both the 'Board View' & 'Idea List' formats, users will see the sort tabs laying across the top of the idea board horizontally.
- The user can select any of these sort tabs to quickly filter their idea board.
- The user can leverage any of the following sort tabs:
- Formula for administrator = # of Promotes + # of Demotes + # of Admin Comments
- Formula for end-user = # of Promotes + # of Demotes + # of Comments
- Random = Random assortment of ideas
- Recent = Filters ideas most recently submitted, most recent starting at the top going left to right
- Active = Ideas filtered by number of views first and then counts number of comments and then votes.
- Votes = Sorts ideas by the highest voted, descending.
Changing View on Idea Board
By default, the Idea Board will be a Grid view. If users would like to change this view to a Pipeline view, they may toggle the top-right buttons on the Idea Board screen.
For further detail on how to enable or disable this setting, please reference our Pipeline View for End-Users article.
- To enable advanced, navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Idea Boards
- Once there, select any of the following advanced filtering options:
- Projected Revenue
- Desired Expertise
- My Favorites
- My Votes
- New To Me
- NEW - My Submissions
- NEW - My Evaluations
- NEW - My Subscriptions
- All users now have the option within the 'Idea Board' or 'Idea List' view to conduct advanced filtering among the ideas within the WebStorm
- After the Filter icon at the top left is selected, users can choose as many different pre-selectors to filter out ideas.
- Users can create their own unique combinations of filters to see which idea(s) meet their criteria.
- In the below example, the user selects the status 'Under Review' to see which idea(s) has that status:
- Note: the advanced filtering respects hidden ideas from end users.
- WebStorm & System Administrators will be able to see all ideas regardless.
- Note: the advanced filtering respects hidden ideas from end users.
- The user will notice a count of number of ideas that meets those requirements against the total amount of available ideas in that WebStorm
- Once the user selects their requirements, the page will automatically update to reflect the filter selections.
- Once selected, all idea(s) will be presented to the user to go through.
- The user is able to reset their filters by selecting 'Clear Filters' at the top left.
Engaging with other Innovators
- Hovering over any idea board, the user can view the idea submitter, their profile picture, and option to view their profile or send a direct message!
- Users can also conduct the same in the 'Idea List' layout as well.
Important things to note:
- All users will notice a bottom "Up" arrow on the far bottom right corner to jump back to the top of the idea board or list.
- The Idea Board is only available on the Pipeline/WebStorm level only at this time
- Administrators cannot add other widget(s) to the idea board page.
- Team Submission is not accommodated in Idea Boards.
- The 'Idea Board' is only available on the 'View Ideas' page only, on the Pipeline/WebStorm level - this cannot be added to any other page(s).
- The 'Idea Board' cannot be label edited at this time.
- Posting ideas cannot be done from this page, it must be included elsewhere (on another page or top navigation, or other)
- Admin cannot change status, hide idea, in idea board view.
- Only idea images will show in the idea board, not idea attachments.