Everything You Need to Know about 'Idea Boards 3.0'!
Table of Contents
- Getting Started
- Setting Up Default Idea Image
- Submitting Ideas with New Idea Image
- Viewing / Voting / Favoriting Ideas
- Filtering Your 'Idea Board'
- Engaging with other Innovators
- Important Things to Note!
- To enable, navigate to Site Setup > Ideas > Idea Boards
- Once there, select 'Idea Boards 3.0'
- Administrators can also enable/disable various sorting/filter options displayed to users:
- This can be enabled individually on all Site(s) - so if the administrator wishes to exclude certain Sites from this format, administrators can do so.
- Administrators can also toggle on/off afterwards to revert back to the previous idea layout. The system will save all pre-existing widgets and formatting on the previous idea list.
PLEASE NOTE - IF YOU HAVE CUSTOM CSS IN YOUR SITE - please test this feature in a Sandbox Site first with any branding to confirm it formats correctly.
Setting Up Default Idea Image
- Prior to rolling out to end users, the Site (or System) Administrator can set a default image if the idea submitter wishes to opt out of selecting their own specific idea image to be displayed on the Idea Board.
- To set this up, the administrator navigates to Site Setup > Ideas > Ideas
- Once there, the administrator can select 'Add Idea Image to Idea Submission Forms'
- The administrator will then see a section named 'Idea Image.'
- The administrator can select a default idea image by either dragging or dropping an image file into the gray window or selecting the window to upload.
- Once an image is dropped or selected, the administrator must crop a square size image from the image uploaded.
- He / she then will drag the square around the image and select 'Save'
- Now the administrator will see the default idea image.
- Select 'Save Changes'!
- Please note that at this time the default idea image can only be either JPEG, GIF or PNG files
- The administrator can edit this image at any time to update the default idea image for those ideas that neglected to choose their own.
- Once enabled and it aligns with any custom widgets or CSS - the system is ready to go!
- Please note, administrators have the option of defaulting to category images instead of idea images
- Read more about that option, here!
Submitting Ideas with New Idea Image
- Once setup, all users (end users and administrators) will see the exact process:
- The idea submitter can choose to default to the idea image (that was previously setup by the administrator) or choose their own image for their idea
- The idea submitter can then drag or upload their image file, crop it, and submit it with their idea
- Note: The minimum image size is 300x300px.
- As ideas are submitted, all users can experience a more fluid experience by scrolling and scanning each idea.
- Users can view the
- Idea submitter
- Vote count
- Comment count
- Users can see whether the idea is in their Favorites
- Users can hover over the idea image and select the idea
Filtering 'Idea Boards'
- Within the Idea Board, the user has options to customize their view in various ways. Here below, we'll review the current possibilities that the user can take advantage of.
- To enable sorting, navigate to Site Setup > Ideas > Idea Boards
- Once there, select any of the four 'Sort Tabs.'
- Users will see the sort tabs laying across the top of the idea board horizontally.
- The user can select any of these sort tabs to quickly filter their idea board:
- The user can leverage any of the following sort tabs:
- Formula for administrator = # of Promotes + # of Demotes + # of Admin Comments
- Formula for end-user = # of Promotes + # of Demotes + # of Comments
- Random = Random assortment of ideas
- Recent = Filters ideas most recently submitted, most recent starting at the top going left to right
- Active = Ideas filtered by number of views first and then counts number of comments and then votes.
- Votes = Sorts ideas by the highest voted, descending.
Changing View on Idea Board
By default, the Idea Board will be a Grid view. If users would like to change this view to a Pipeline view, they may toggle the top-right buttons on the Idea Board screen.
For further detail on how to enable or disable this setting, please reference our Pipeline View for End-Users article.
- To enable advanced, navigate to Site Setup > Ideas > Idea Boards
- Once there, select any of the following advanced filtering options:
- Projected Revenue
- Expertise Required
- NEW - Additional Submission Questions
- Your Idea Boards can now be filtered by your Submission Form questions! You can now track all Submissions that have answered specific questions, providing for a better User and Administrator experience.
- Note: Only Multiple-choice, Checkbox and Dropdown Submission Form Questions can be filtered on the Idea Boards.
- My Favorites
- My Votes
- New To Me
- NEW - My Submissions
- NEW - My Evaluations
- NEW - My Subscriptions
- All users now have the option within the 'Idea Board 3.0' to conduct advanced filtering among the ideas within the Site
- After the Filter icon at the top left is selected, users can choose as many different pre-selectors to filter out ideas.
- Users can create their own unique combinations of filters to see which idea(s) meet their criteria.
- In the below example, the user selects the status 'Under Review' to see which idea(s) has that status:
- Note: the advanced filtering respects hidden ideas from end users.
- Site & System Administrators will be able to see all ideas regardless.
- Note: the advanced filtering respects hidden ideas from end users.
- The user will notice a count of number of ideas that meets those requirements against the total amount of available ideas in that Site
- Once the user selects their requirements, the page will automatically update to reflect the filter selections.
- Once selected, all idea(s) will be presented to the user to go through.
- The user is able to reset their filters by selecting 'Clear Filters' at the top left.
Engaging with other Innovators
- Hovering over any idea board, the user can view the idea submitter, their profile picture, and option to view their profile or send a direct message:
Important things to note:
- All users will notice a bottom "Up" arrow on the far bottom right corner to jump back to the top of the idea board.
- The Idea Board is only available on the Pipeline/Site level only at this time
- Administrators cannot add other widget(s) to the idea board page.
- Team Submission is not accommodated in Idea Boards.
- The 'Idea Board' is only available on the 'View Ideas' page only, on the Pipeline/Site level - this cannot be added to any other page(s).
- The 'Idea Board' cannot be label edited at this time.
- Posting ideas cannot be done from this page, it must be included elsewhere (on another page or top navigation, or other)
- Admin cannot change status, hide idea, in idea board view.
- Only idea images will show in the idea board, not idea attachments.