Table of Contents
- What are Tracking Technologies?
- How does Brightidea use Tracking Technologies
- Your Choices
- Supplemental Information for the EEA, Switzerland, and U.K.
- Notice Updates
- Contact Information
Brightidea's Site, ideas.brightidea.com, includes the cookies referenced in the Brightidea Application (In-Product) Cookie Notice is located here.
2. What are Tracking Technologies?
- Web cookies: A web cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Some cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, while other cookies will always be used. You can learn more about each type of cookie by reviewing the "How Does Brightidea use Tracking Technologies?" Section below.
- Pixels, web beacons, and tags: Pixels, web beacons, and tags are types of code or transparent graphics that contain a unique identifier. These technologies provide analytical information about user experience and help us customize our marketing activities. In contrast to cookies, these technologies are embedded invisibly on web pages or in emails.
- Session replay tools (in accordance with applicable law): Session replay tools log your interactions with the Site, such as how you move throughout our Site and engage with our webforms. This information helps us understand your Site experience and identify and fix technical issues visitors may be having with the Site.
3. How Does Brightidea use Tracking Technologies?
In general, we use Tracking Technologies to ensure basic functionality of our Sites; remember user preferences (including your preferences regarding Tracking Technologies); to improve the provision of our Services to you; maximize the performance of our Sites; provide you with offers that may be of interest to you; measure the effectiveness of our Sites, marketing campaigns, and email communications; and personalize online content. Specifically, we may use Tracking Technologies for the following purposes:
- Site Performance & Effectiveness: We use Tracking Technologies to understand, improve, and research our products, features, and services, including as you navigate through our Sites or when you access our Site from other websites, applications, or devices. We gather this analytics information to determine and measure the performance of advertisements; to understand usage and campaign effectiveness; and to learn whether you have interacted with our Sites, content, or emails (including whether an email has been opened and acted upon). We utilize analytics vendors to help understand how you use our Sites. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our analytics vendors on an individual and aggregated basis. We also use these technologies to provide aggregated information to our marketing and advertising vendors.
- Advertising: We utilize third-party marketing and advertising vendors to display advertising on our Sites and/or to manage our advertising on other websites, to suggest advertisements based on your browsing activities and interests. We may also use Tracking Technologies cross-device matching to tailor our Site and offer you a personalized experience across your devices by using the probabilistic and deterministic data we collect to make educated guesses that match you to each device you use. For instance, by matching you to both your mobile device and computer, we can then use Tracking Technologies to save your preferences on both devices and better tailor our marketing and advertisements to you. Additionally, we may use the data we collect through Tracking Technologies and combine it with other data we collect to create a profile about you. We may disclose this profile data to marketing and advertising vendors, including ad networks, so that they can show you advertisements that they think will interest you. Our marketing and advertising vendors may also use this information to recognize you across different channels and platforms (including but not limited to computers, mobile devices, and smart TVs), over time for analytics, attribution, and reporting purposes. If your IP address indicates that you are located outside of the European Union and you do not wish to have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here and here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads and you will continue to receive generic, untargeted ads.
- Security: We use Tracking Technologies to help protect the safety, security, and integrity of our web properties and those who interact with us. This includes to detect, prevent, and respond to security incidents, as well as other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity.
Categories of Cookies: We may use the following categories of cookies on our Site to accomplish the purposes described above:
- Necessary Cookies: Necessary cookies are required to enable the basic features of this site, such as providing secure log-in or adjusting your consent preferences. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable data.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies help perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collecting feedback, and other third-party features.
- Analytics Cookies: Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics such as the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
- Performance Cookies: Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
- Advertisement Cookies: Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with customized advertisements based on the pages you visited previously and to analyze the effectiveness of the ad campaigns.
- Uncategorized Cookies: Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.
Please see the "Your Privacy Choices" Section below for more information about how you may exercise your privacy choices with respect to web cookies on our Site.
4. Your Privacy Choices
Managing Cookies at the Browser Level
Please review the below information to understand your options for managing cookies at the browser level.
You may control the use of non-Necessary cookies at the individual browser level by visiting the “Your Privacy Choices” link in our Site footer and selecting which category of cookies described in Section 3 you wish to enable or disable.
Please note that you will need to each web browser is adjusted to reflect your preferences if you use different browsers, computers, or mobile devices. If Functional cookies are disabled, you may still visit our Site, but your ability to use some features or areas of the Site may be limited.
- Click here to learn more about the “Private Browsing” setting and managing cookie settings in Firefox;
- Click here to learn more about “Incognito” and managing cookie settings in Chrome;
- Click here to learn more about “InPrivate” and managing cookie settings in Internet Explorer; or
- Click here and here to learn more about “Private Browsing” and managing cookie settings in Safari.
If you want to learn more about Cookies, or how to control, disable or delete them, please visit https://www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
Further, certain third-party advertising networks, including Google, permit users to opt out of or customize preferences associated with your internet browsing generally. To learn more about this Google feature, please click here.
Opting Out of Interest-Based Advertising: To opt-out of interest-based advertising by third parties, please see the below resources:
Individuals located in the United States:
Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) self-regulatory opt-out page
Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) mobile application-based “AppChoices” download page
Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) self-regulatory opt-out page
Individuals located in the EEA, Switzerland, or U.K.:
European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance (EDAA) consumer opt-out page
In the mobile environment, most mobile operating systems offer device-based opt-out choices that are transmitted to companies providing interest-based advertising. To set an opt-out preference for a mobile device identifier (such as Apple’s IDFA or Android’s GAID), please visit the device manufacturer’s current choice instructions pages, or read more about sending signals to limit ad tracking for your operating system here. Please note that these settings must be performed on each device (including each web browser on each device) for which you wish to opt-out, and if you clear your cookies or if you use a different browser or device, you will need to renew your opt-out preferences.
5. Supplemental Information for the EEA, Switzerland, and U.K.
In the event of any conflict or inconsistency between the other parts of this Notice and the terms of this Section 5, Section 5 shall govern and prevail with regard to the processing of EEA, Swiss, and U.K. personal data.
Unless and until you provide your consent, only Essential Cookies will be enabled. Other non-Essential types of cookies and Tracking Technologies on our Site, such as Functional, Analytics, and Targeting Cookies, are only enabled if you provide opt-in consent by using our Site cookie banner. In the “Cookie Settings” link in our Site footer, you can at any time withdraw your consent (with future effect) by clicking on the link and disabling cookies through the toggles, or you can adjust your preferences by utilizing the toggle settings.
6. Notice Updates
If there are any material changes to this Notice, you will be notified on our Site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on the Notice. Your continued use of the Site constitutes your agreement to be bound by such changes to this Notice. Your only remedy, if you do not accept the terms of this Notice, is to discontinue use of and access to the Site, subject to applicable law. You acknowledge that this information may contain inaccuracies or errors and is subject to change, and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
7. Contact Information
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Notice or about our privacy practices, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or at:
Attn: Privacy Officer
1040 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 18A
New York, NY 10018 - USA