Here are the updates we have made in the past two weeks. Note that these will not take effect until Wednesday, October 19th, 2011, 8:30PM EST.
We have given these new enhancements and fixes a close look to ensure quality before we’ve sent them into production. In case you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
ENTERPRISE and API
- We created an API to enable hidden idea submission through the Brightidea Facebook app, the Ideas Site Plugin, and our iPhone app.
- A Terms & Conditions agreement was added to the Ideas Site Plugin. With this option enabled, users of the plugin who have not previously agreed to the challenge’s terms and conditions will be asked to read and accept the terms on login.
- For our new mobile app version 3.5, we updated the Brightidea widget for enabling the app.
- We have added a beta option for admins to use their own company’s Facebook API key for Enterprise and WebStorm logins. Using this option will display the wording and branding of the company application, instead of "Brightidea” during user authentication.
- A column was added to WebStorm Admin showing how many users “favored” an idea by clicking on the star icon. This new “Favorite” column is a beta feature and needs to be enabled by a Brightidea representative.
- WebStorm Admin was not loading properly in Internet Explorer 7. We fixed this issue.
- For users assigned a proposal for development or a scorecard for evaluation, they will now see the “Comment” boxes in both tabs above the respective comments thread (instead of below). In addition, comments are now sorted in reverse chronological order with the last comment on top of the list.
- In the same interface, proposal and evaluation team members can now see the comments from the related idea in a separate tab. This allows them to get the full information from the collaboration around this idea.
To make the use of Milestones and To Dos more intuitive, we have made the following changes:
- We exchanged the terms “To Dos” and “Milestones”
- “To Dos” (formerly labeled “Milestones”) now have a description, due date and can be commented on.
- “Milestones” (formerly labeled “To Dos”) are now treated more like achievements, in a simple check-off list
If you have any questions, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for November 02nd.