In the past two weeks we have made several enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, September 5th, 2012, 8:30PM EST. Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be enabled by your Brightidea representative.
We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, please note that this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Official Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
Enhancements to Batches and Round Configuration (BETA)
Several fixes and enhancements have been made to batches and round configuration, particularly around email notifications and evaluator selection.
- Added email subject field and “Assigned by” dynamic field for proposal/scorecard configure email notification section
- Optimized assigning action items from a batch for improved performance and reliability
- If a proposal is assigned a new action item, the new action item replaces the existing action item; only one action may exist for the proposal at a time
- Adding an idea, proposal or evaluator after assigning action items from a round now correctly sends the email notification template as defined round configuration
- Improved search for evaluator names; selected evaluators no longer appear in type-ahead search results
- Selecting evaluator teams no longer adds users from other teams
Action Item Delete
Admins now have the ability to delete—rather than cancel—action items from their Sent Action Items list.
- Deleting leaves no record of the action item
- Canceled action items still appear in the admin and users’ closed action items list
The following additional enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product.
- Foreign and special characters are now supported in Enterprise blog titles
- If an Enterprise affiliate uses multiple domain aliases, email notification dynamic fields will use domain the user is logged into
- Fixed an issue with HTML formatting appearing in idea descriptions
- Bullet and number lists now render correctly in idea descriptions
- Checkbox and radio button answers for idea submission forms now render correctly with apostrophes
- WebStorm User Votes report is automatically sorted by username
- WebStorm Idea Votes report correctly lists previous status of ideas
- With duplicate checker enabled, selecting a duplicate idea in checker search results now directs user to the idea
- Made several fixes and enhancements to the Rules Engine (BETA):
- Rule editor now shows correctly in IE8
- Added dynamic field for “Idea URL” to email template editor, links to idea
- Fixed several issues with filters and sorting for the WSA ideas grid:
- Exporting ideas from the grid now respects any applied filters
- Example: Apply filter for status; select “Export Ideas”; export contains only ideas with filtered statusFilter by submission form question now includes dependent submission form questions
- Selecting “All” from the grid correctly shows all ideas
- Fixed filter and sort by code
- Fixed filter by WebStorm
- Fixed filter by idea view count
- Ability to filter for ideas with greater than (>), less than (<), or equal to (=) a number of views
- Extended foreign character support for the following:
- Batch names
- Proposal names
- Multiple scorecard/proposal/batch popups
- Proposal and scorecard reports
- Selecting “All” from the grid correctly shows all proposals
- Scorecard summary report no longer shows 0 total action items
- Fixed an issue with committing a proposal from the proposal short URL redirecting to login page
- Fixed an issue with users being added to proposal teams multiple times for the same proposal
- With custom proposal statuses enabled (BETA), custom statuses are now reflected in round and scorecard summary menu options
- Fixed issues with the bi.affiliate.proposal.get and bi.affiliate.proposal.getEvaluationList APIs
- Line breaks render correctly in proposals using rich text editor (BETA)
- Made several fixes for page and popup compatibility with IE7, 8 and 9:
- Switchboard setup page now shows correctly in IE7
- Switchboard related scorecards popup
- Scorecard template editor now works correctly in IE8
- Spider diagram now appears correctly in IE8
- Switchboard context menu now appears correctly in IE9
- Proposal history now accurately tracks status changes
- Fixed updating project image from the project wall in IE
- Fixed issue with project description running off page
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for September 19th, 2012.