In the past two weeks we have made several enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, October 3rd, 2012, 8:30PM EST. Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be enabled by your Brightidea representative.
We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, please note that this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Official Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
Clean Idea URLs (BETA)
- Clean Idea URLs replace the standard long URLs for ideas (example: http://site.brightidea.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=########) in WebStorm with shorter, easy-to-use URLs.
- These clean URLs are configured on WebStorm level for the following formatting:
- Short URL: Site URL and idea code
- Example: http://site.brightidea.com/D101
- Clean idea URL settings on the WebStorm level are reflected in all widgets and email templates, including those from Enterprise level.
- More information about clean idea URLs is available here.
Private Project (BETA)
- The private projects allow project owners to control public information about their ongoing projects.
- When the beta feature is enabled, the option "Private Project" appears in the project options page.
- When this option is enabled, the owner may select from two suboptions:
- Restrict all access to project team: This restricts all access to project teams for the project, including the project wall. Users not part of the team who attempt to view the project will be directed to an error page.
- Allow users to view and request access: This allows users to view a limited project wall. The project activity feed and project team are hidden. Users must request to join the team in order to view the project wall.
- This option also adds a new "Visibility" column to the Pipeline projects grid. This lists whether or not the project is Public or Private:
- More information about private projects is available here.
- The following additional enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product:
- The option to "include submission form data" for Enterprise-level ideas reports has been removed.
- This option is still available for WebStorm-level idea reports.
- Top contributors widget in community pages now account for discretionary points given to users
- Registration user invite footers are now editable via label edit mode in the Se
- Dependent questions in idea submission forms are now included when creating a new WebStorm from an existing WebStorm template
- Fixed an issue in which the Enterprise idea list would not display comment counter
- Fixed links to WebStorm Admin and Member Landing from Community page dynamic navigation
- Fixed the Enterprise mini contributors widget causing errors when added to a page
- Fixed an issue in which the "Email this page" feature would send a URL using "https" even when https is not selected
- Next / previous idea navigation has been moved out of Beta and is now available in:
- WebStorm --> Setup --> Ideas --> Ideas --> Enable Next/Previous Buttons in View Idea Page
- The idea view counter for public WebStorms now accounts for views from users who are not logged in
- Fixed an issue in which "Restrict Tag Suggestions to WebStorm" feature prevented valid tag suggestions from the selected WebStorm
- Duplicate checker for idea submission has been improved to include searches for partial name and description
- "Comments" link in WebStorm ideas list no longer appears when idea comments are disabled
- Private messages may now be deleted from the member landing page by end users
- When All Batches list (BETA) is enabled, System Admins may drag and drop ideas and proposals into other users' batches
- When All Batches list (BETA) is enabled, System Admins may rename other users' batches
- Exporting from WebStorm Admin ideas grid now works when applying filters
- Fixed a number of graphical issues for IE9, including fixing the rendering of the date picker, action menus and dropdown menus
- Template setup link in the scorecard round configuration screen now leads correctly to the scorecard template editor in Switchboard setup
- Fixed an issue in which scorecards could not be assigned from a round for proposals that had no saved version
- Extended foreign and special character support to proposal and scorecard templates and exports
- Fixed an issue in which apostrophes in proposal email notification template would cause errors
- Updates in the project wall activity feed may now be deleted
- Project status update email notification dynamic fields are now correctly populated
- If there are more than five team members on a project team, the project team members list in the project may now be expanded to show all members
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for October 17th, 2012.