In the past two weeks we have made several enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, October 17th, 2012, 8:30PM EST. Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be enabled by your Brightidea representative.
We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, please note that this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Official Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
Updates to Private Project (BETA)
- When a project has the option "Private Project" and "Restrict all access to project team" enabled, the private project is no longer listed in the search results for users who are not part of the project team
- Project team members will still see the private project in their search results
- More information about private projects is available here.
- The following additional fixes and enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product:
- Fixed email template dynamic fields for [TO_DO_URL] and [Open_Action_Items_URL]
- Fixed duplicate ideas appearing in the Posted Ideas section of the member landing page
- When commenting on another user's profile page, the email notification now directs correctly to the comment
- Fixed Enterprise View Ideas page for ideas from WebStorms with chip voting enabled
- Enterprise View Ideas page now correctly displays votes
- Fixed an issue with label import (BETA) timing out
- New APIs have been added for WebStorms with chip voting enabled. More information about APIs is available here.
- Spellcheck (BETA) now appears correctly in the rich text editor in IE7/8/9 feature
- Reputation points for comments submitted through email comment reply (BETA) are now deleted when the comment is deleted
- Fixed an issue in which users could vote multiple times restrictive voting is enabled in IE7/8/9
- When WebStorm user profiles are disabled, hovering over a user profile picture no longer displays the "Profile" link
- When private messages are disabled, hovering over a user profile picture no longer displays the "Message" link
- Fixed issues with foreign characters displaying incorrectly when truncated in idea title, description and comments
- Hoverover popup for ideas in WSA ideas grid no longer displays idea submitter username for anonymously submitted ideas
- Changing the status for many ideas (over 100) no longer causes server error
- Fixed an issue in which the proposal related ideas section was incorrectly formatted with print to PDF (BETA). More information about print to PDF is available here.
- Line breaks in proposal names are now removed when the proposal is saved or committed
- URL to proposal in proposal comment email notification now correctly directs user to the proposal page
- Exporting proposals from the My Proposals grid now contains only proposals the user is the owner of instead of all proposals
- Canceling action items from the Sent Action Items list no longer causes a syntax error
- Fixed a number of graphical issues for Switchboard in IE7/8/9
- Milestones now have a date picker to add a "target" date
- When changing project owner, the previous owner no longer receives a project team invite email notification
- Project update email notifications now use short project URLs
- Changing project status now works in Chrome
- Documents with apostrophes (') in the title may now be uploaded to a project
- Foreign character support extended to project titles
- Fixed a number of graphical issues for Pipeline in IE7/8/9
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for October 31st, 2012.