Due to technical difficulties caused by Hurricane Sandy, the release originally scheduled for October 31st, 2012 has been rescheduled. Changes will now take effect on Wednesday, November 7th, 2012, 8:30PM EST.
In the past several weeks we have made several enhancements and bug fixes. Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be enabled by your Brightidea representative.
We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, please note that this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Official Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
Project Team (BETA)
Project teams allow admins to predefine teams, allowing them to quickly add large groups of users to a Project team.
- Project teams are created in Pipeline setup. To create a project team:
- Navigate to: Pipeline --> Setup --> Users --> Project Team
- Type in Project Team name and select "Add Team"
- Select the newly created team
- Search for users
- Select users from search results and select "Add Member"
- To add a project team to a project
- Navigate to a project
- Select "+Add / Edit" in the Project Team section
- Search for project name
- Select project team from search results
- Project team members will be added individually to the project
- Once added, individual users may be added/removed to the project team
- The following additional fixes and enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product:
- When an admin restricts an Enterprise affiliate or WebStorm by email domain, a warning will appear if the admin does not include his own email address in the allowed email domains
- Issue has been fixed with "Import ALL" feature.
- See more information here.
- Enable Label Edit Mode link is now available for admins on every page
- NEW added ability for WebStorm or System Administrators to change email address for their users in Setup --> Users --> Manage in either WebStorm or Enterprise Setup
- No email notifications are sent, but any sessions with the new email address are terminated for security reasons, so any user must log back in with the new email address
- End users still cannot change email address
- Please contact your Brightidea representative to enable this beta feature for your system.
- Issue was fixed with attachments not loading correctly for ideas submitted via email (BETA)
- Confirmations are now sent for idea submission via email (BETA)
- Ideas now correctly receive "promote" vote from idea submitter
- Idea Import now accommodates foreign characters in all components.
- See more info here around Idea Import
- WebStorm Admin ideas grid columns now display correctly for idea submission form questions containing commas
- The Average Score column in WebStorm Admin ideas grid may now be sorted and filtered
- BETA Label editor has been added to Switchboard setup page
- When enabled, a new section will be added in Switchboard setup:
- Switchboard --> Setup --> General --> Labels
- Only Switchboard labels are available in this label editor
- If Label Import / Export is enabled, it will also show up in this Switchboard labels section as well.
- Tooltips for scorecard templates now work when containing commas
- After assigning scorecards for a round, new evaluators may be added by editing from the Configure Scorecard menu.
- Adding new evaluators no longer sends duplicate scorecards to existing evaluators.
- The "WebStorm" column in Switchboard proposals grid may now be sorted and filtered
- Anonymously submitted ideas now hold anonymity with assigning ideas to proposals.
- Deleting batches containing large numbers of ideas, proposals and action items no longer times out and causes server error
- Fixed several UI issues in IE7 / IE8 / IE9
- End users who are project owners may now add / edit their projects' teams
- Fixed an issue with users posting long text to the Project wall
- Apostrophes in a project title no longer breaks the project page
- Updated the Pipeline projects grid to allow for multiple projects to be selected with CTRL and Shift hotkeys
- Fixed several UI issues in IE7 / IE8 / IE9
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for November 14th, 2012.