In the past two weeks we have made several enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, November 28th, 2012, 8:30PM EST.
Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be turned on by your Brightidea representative. We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Product Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
Error Check for Project Team Update (BETA)
A new error check has been added when updating and adding users to Project Teams.
- During the upload, a popup will report any team members in the spreadsheet who are not registered users
- Any team members who are not registered users will not be included in the upload
- More information about the Export and Update Project Team feature can be found here.
The following additional fixes and enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product:
- Email newsletters are now sent correctly when using special characters in the subject line
- Fixed an issue with Community Administrators accessing Community level Setup
- Fixed an issue with receiving an error when trying to use Private Messages on Landing Page
- Fixed an issue in which Idea Short URLs (BETA) changed the results for WebStorm ideas tabs
- The WebStorm search history report no longer shows search history for other WebStorms within an affiliate
- After two or more ideas are merged (BETA), when the master idea is deleted the child idea(s) no longer appear as merged
- Idea reports from WebStorm setup no longer display only "Pending" in the current status category if the status was changed
- URLs to blog posts in the blog email notification no longer gets truncated
- Fixed an issue with selecting "Tab" in Firefox that caused the cursor to land in wrong place
- Linked Ideas now show in the "Printer Friendly" view for idea(s)
- WebStorm admins now see the "Edit Idea" option in the Actions menu when viewing the WebStorm Admin ideas grid
- Fixed an issue with sharing WebStorm Admin bookmarks with Brightidea end users
- Added new "Vote Count" column; this displays the absolute number of users who voted for an idea (before any vote multiplier is applied)
- The All Batches list (BETA) now remains open or closed when navigating to different pages within a user session
- Evaluator completion tooltips when viewing a round within a batch/collection now appears correctly after sorting by different columns
- The "Updated" column in the Switchboard proposals grid now displays correctly when using custom date formatting in Enterprise
- The 'Average Score' column now sorts correctly
- Labels have been added for the Scorecard action item page
- Batch/Collection and Round columns have been added to the Sent Action Items export
- Fixed minor UI issues with IE8 / IE9
- Edits to project descriptions from the project Info page now save correctly
- When requesting access to a private project, the request confirmation message now appears correctly in IE8
- The text for Pipeline email notifications has been updated for improved clarity
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for December 12th, 2012.