In the past several weeks we have made a number of enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, June 26th, 2013, 8:30PM EST.
Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be turned on by your Brightidea representative. We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Product Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
The following additional fixes and enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product:
User Tagging for Updates Feed and Idea Comments
User tagging allows you to 'tag' users throughout Enterprise and WebStorm. Tagging a user alerts the user via email and Notifications (beta) that they have been tagged in a comment. This will help drive user engagement and collaboration within your WebStorms.
The tagging functionality works when posting:
- Idea Comments
- Idea Comment Reply
- Enterprise/WebStorm Activity Feed Post and Updates Widget
- User Landing Page Post and Comment
To tag a user, first type in '@' followed by the user's screen name or email address. A dropdown list of users will appear based on your search terms. Selecting a user will add the tag to your comment box.
Tagged usernames will appear as links in Activity Feeds and idea comments.
Tagged users will receive Notifications (beta) and email notifications letting them know that they have been tagged in a post or idea comment.
More information about User Tagging can be found here.
Internet Explorer 10 Support
Brightidea now supports Internet Explorer versions 8-10!
- Enterprise idea submission page now does not include WebStorms that have idea submission disabled
- Newsletters now support foreign and special characters
- Fixed an issue in which idea submitters would receive duplicated idea status change email notifications
- Fixed an issue in which using a WebStorm alias would cause users to hit an error page when viewing idea categories
- URLs in the "Alert Idea Tag Subscriber" email notification now correctly direct the user to the idea
- Special characters in idea submission form answers are no longer stripped when saving the form
- Password-protected files may now be uploaded as attachments
- Fixed an issue in which proposals added to batches would not display proposal team and proposal comments sections
- Batch names now support foreign and special characters
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for July 10th, 2013!