In the past several weeks we have made a number of enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, July 10th, 2013, 8:30PM EST.
Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be turned on by your Brightidea representative. We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Product Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
The following additional fixes and enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product:
WebStorm Admin Tag and Admin Label Search
As part of the Birds of a Feather event, we have developed a new feature for searching for ideas based on idea tags and admin labels. In the WebStorm Admin Ideas Grid search field, a new dropdown has been added allowing users to search by:
- Keyword search: Standard search through idea title and description
- Include/exclude tags: Search by or exclude specific tags from results
- Include/exclude admin labels: Search by or exclude specific admin labels from results
- The new drop-down will also provide type-ahead suggestions for existing tags and labels. After searching, the search terms, along with any additional column sorting and filter, can be saved as a grid bookmark.
- New columns have also been added to the WebStorm Admin ideas grid to display tags and admin labels.
Date and Number Fields for Idea Submission Form Questions
Date and number fields can now be added to idea submission forms (on WebStorm level only):
- Date fields include a date picker for date selection
- Number fields provide a text field that will only accept number input
- Note: Special characters, including commas and currency signs, are not accepted
- More information about idea submission form questions can be found here.
- Fixed an issue in which Notification and Action Item Alerts icons would not appear on initial page load in IE8
- Fixed an issue in which deleted comments from the Enterprise activity feed would remain in the feed
- Enterprise User & Group imports have been made asynchronous so that they no longer timeout
- Fixed an issue with posting to a user's Enterprise profile wall in IE8
- Fixed an issue in IE9 which date pick calendars for Exports in WebStorm Setup were getting cut off
- The Enterprise Tag Cloud no longer displays tags from group restricted WebStorms to users that are not part of the group
- Idea Import now correctly imports idea tags
- Fixed an issue in which idea reply comment attachments would not appear after being posted.
- Password protected files may now be attached to ideas
- Updated ideas grid search logic from "or" to "and" for multiple search terms to improve search results
- Example: Searching by the terms "mobile" and "innovation" now only includes results with both terms
- Ideas grid exports now include only columns that are visible in the grid.
- Project wall updates are now reflected in the Enterprise activity feed widget:
- Project activity feed posts and comments
- Comments on To Dos
- To Do marked as complete and incomplete
- Milestone marked as complete and incomplete
- Document added to a project
- Note: Activity feed updates will respect project privacy settings. If your project is accessible only to team members, updates will not appear in the Enterprise activity feed.
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for July 24th, 2013!