In the past several weeks we have made a number of enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, July 24th, 2013, 8:30PM EST.
Please note that some of these features are beta options that must be turned on by your Brightidea representative. We have thoroughly tested these new enhancements and fixes to ensure high quality before allowing them into production. If you notice any disruptions, please let us know and we will take fast, appropriate action. Thank you!
If you have received these release notes via email, this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Product Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
Beta Features Now Available
A number of Beta Features have been enabled for all systems, which can be enabled by system admins. These features include:
- Enterprise Newsletters
- WebStorm Admin Grid Bookmarking
- WebStorm Admin Rules Engine
- Idea Scorecarding Batches
- Scorecard Spider Charts
- Print Proposal to PDF
- Project To Do Attachments
- Project Results Page
- More information about these features can be found within our Knowledge Base.
A new beta feature has been introduced to improve the performance when downloading large reports! This framework allows reports to be run asynchronously, so that the user may navigate to other pages while the report is created in the background.
- This also allows the user to access older reports that have already been generated. The following reports have been updated:
- Enterprise Exports: WebStorms, Ideas, Users, Login History
- WebStorm Exports: Ideas, Users
- When downloading an 'async' report:
- Select the desired report, and any related options
- The report will display as generating while it is being created
- Once complete, the report will show that it is ready to be downloaded in the Generated Reports section
- An email notification will be sent to the user who requested the report
- NOTE: Only the user who requested the report can download the report
- Please contact your Brightidea representative to enable 'async' reports.
- All remaining reports are planned to be updated to run asynchronously in future releases. Stay tuned! :)
The following additional fixes and enhancements have been made throughout the Brightidea platform. For your convenience, they have been categorized by product:
- Made a number of UI and usability enhancements and fixes for the User Tagging feature (BETA)
- Several UI fixes have been made for User Tagging in IE7 / IE8 / IE9
- Improved loading time of the Member Landing Page
- When clicking on a URL, users are now redirected correctly to the desired page after logging in.
- Blog post email notifications are now sent correctly for large numbers of users
- Statuses that may be used for ideas in other WebStorms for the same affiliate may no longer be deleted
- Fixed an issue with commenting on ideas, in which the comment text box could not be scrolled if the content was too long
- Fixed an issue in which disabling the idea duplicate checker would cause an error on the idea submission page
- Fixed an issue with editing an idea with dependent questions in the submission form
- Fixed a number of issues with Tag/Admin Label Filtering (BETA) for the WebStorm Admin ideas grid
- Fixed an issue in which attempting to view bookmarks would cause the ideas grid to fail to load
- Emails triggered by the Rules Engine no longer send duplicates email notifications
- Fixed an issue in which deleting text when inputting an idea tag would not clear tag suggestions
- Fixed an issue in which the Rules Engine would not perform actions for "Days in Current Status" triggers
- Inline images for proposal descriptions now display correctly when using the 'Print to PDF' feature
- Fixed an issue in which a proposal could be added to the same batch multiple times
- Fixed an issue in which adding too many members to a proposal team would break the proposal view page formatting
- 'To Do' comment email notifications now respect custom Contact Email settings
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for August 7th, 2013!