In the past few weeks we have made a number of enhancements and bug fixes. These changes will take effect on Wednesday, February 19th, 2014, 8:30PM EST. If you have received these release notes via email, this post may be truncated.
To read complete documentation, please visit the Product Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal.
Configurable User Profile Fields
- Configurable User Profile Fields, with a brand new profile fields editor, dramatically increases the ability to customize user profiles:
- The Profile Fields Editor allows easy adding and editing of custom profile fields and section headers:
- Profile fields can be renamed, reordered and removed as needed
- Allows profile fields to be marked as required and/or private:
- Updates all exports to include custom profile fields:
- To find out all the great new capabilities with Configurable User Profile Fields, check out this knowledge base article, here!
Rules Engine Upgrades - Now Available!
- Two big upgrades to the Rules Engine form expand the abilities to automate idea workflows:
- Administrators can now use additional submission form questions and/or additional info fields for conditions:
- Use the New Change Visibility Action to hide or show ideas:
- To find out more about how to use these new features and get the most out of the Rules Engine, check out this article, here!
- Fixed an issue where Next/Previous buttons for the My Messages Widget were not working correctly when the widget was placed on the Landing Page.
- For WebStorm Requests, updated the Desired Start Date logic to allow the requester to select a day earlier than 45 days from today.
- For the SSO and API account creation process, added the capability for usernames to be duplicated. Previously, usernames were forced to be unique with system-generated characters, which caused problems in some situations.
- Added automatic idea subscriptions for users that comment on an Idea, or are tagged in an Idea Comment.
- Added label support for the major text labels in View Idea 2.0.
- Added a new notification to notify a comment submitter when someone promotes or demotes the idea where they commented.
- For self-registration situations, added the field to ask the registrant to retype their email address.
- Fixed an issue where idea attachments were not displaying correctly in some versions of Firefox.
- In the new view idea design, fixed an issue where Admin tags couldn't be created if they were the same as existing tags.
- The correct ideas were not always appearing when navigating to the Idea Board page using the Status Widget.
- Fixed an issue where an email template for notification was being triggered even in some situations where that template was disabled.
If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for March 5th, 2014!
1- Will those custom profile fields be available through SAML2.0?
2- Will those custom profile fields be available through the API?
The new configurable profile enhancements are fully supported with SAML2.0 SSO integrations. However, there is no support for API at this time.