These changes took effect on Wednesday, January 28, 2015, 5:00 PM EST. If you have received these release notes via email, this post may be truncated. To read complete documentation, please visit the Product Release Notes forum in the Brightidea Support Portal:
Brightidea's Fall 2014 Release incorporates significant new capabilities and provides the foundation for future capabilities. Below are the Fall 2014 Release updates and improvements for this release:
- Edits to the Single Scale "Question Text" field now reflect correctly in the Single Scale Action Item
- Long- and Short-Text type response fields for Scorecard Action Items now have a 5,000 character limit
- Creating a new WebStorm from Enterprise Setup now includes an option to also create a Custom Pipeline
Updates to WebStorm Pre-Launch Status
- A number of enhancements have been made to the Pre-Launch status for WebStorms:
- The WebStorm Pre-Launch Message page for end users has been updated for a new look and feel
- A new countdown will show the time until the scheduled launch; when the countdown reaches "0", the page will automatically refresh
- This page will also display both the image and description of the WebStorm as configured in WebStorm Setup
- System and WebStorm Administrators will now see a new Countdown panel when viewing WebStorms during Pre-Launch status
- This will display a countdown to the WebStorm Launch on the lower right hand side of the challenge in the list.
- The rocket icon at the top of the panel links to the WebStorm Scheduler page.
- The gear icon at the bottom of the panel will link to WebStorm setup.
- Visual WebStorm List has also been updated to reflect WebStorms that are currently in Pre-Launch status
- If a WebStorm is in Pre-Launch status, a message will appear specifying the time until launch
- As the WebStorm has not yet launched, we will only display a link to view the WebStorm topic, and not the Ideas list
- For more information about the WebStorm Scheduler, click here!
- Fixed an issue in which "Add Idea Image to Idea Submission Forms" option was enabled when creating a new WebStorm
- Fixed an issue in which changing an idea status would also change the idea submitter for the idea
- Blocked users no longer receive Email Digest newsletters
- Fixed an issue in which WebStorm images would not upload correctly from the Visual WebStorm List
For more information on Brightidea's Fall 2014 release, please visit the Fall 2014 pages or the detailed Knowledge Base articles. If you have any questions about these updates, please let us know. And stay tuned for more – our next release is scheduled for February 11, 2015. Happy Innovating!
Why do these updates refer to the Fall 2014 release? They just came available now - right? So a January 2015 release.
The reference in the release notes is for the new version of Brightidea which was called "Brightidea Fall 2014 Release". The release notes themselves are for Januray 28th 2015.
Apologies for any confusion on this and please let me know if there are any further questions.
I see, so some customers are not on the 2014 release so these updates do not apply to them. But for someone in the Brightidea cloud like ourselves, we shouldn't care what release these apply to as we are always on the latest. Right?
That is correct, with cloud software, everyone is on the same version technically. The specific terminology here is the name of the new back-end product that can be enabled within a given affiliate.
We will try to see what can be changed in the release notes to help avoid this confusion going forward.
This is a tremendous new feature, and has saved us from creating a 'coming soon' section in our Innovation portal. Just want to understand how customizable this 'pre-launch' page is. Currently, it is very generic. Obviously pulling Challenge description, from the 'Webstorm Description' field in the admin setup, pulling the image from the 'webstorm image' in admin setup, and the countdown numbers from the scheduler. In terms of look & feel - addition of HTML/RICHTEXT widgets to this page, I'm assuming at this stage this is all custom, and will require direct BI engagement?
Thank you for your question.
At this time, it's not possible to customize the pre-launch page with any type of custom widgets or functionality changes. It works by pulling data from the Challenge setup area as you mentioned.
Please let me know if you have any further questions on this topic.