Everything You Need to Know About 'Blog Subscriptions'!
Blogs can be viewed and subscribed by anyone. However, they must have an account within Brightidea. If a user is subscribed to a blog, an email will be sent to them when a new blog post has been submitted in the WebStorm. The user willl not receive an email if there are comments made to those blog posts. Refer to the following for more information:
How a User can Subscribe to the Blog
- If a user wishes to manually subscribe to a blog - they can select the "subscribe" option on the top right of the blog post:
- The user can also "unsubscribe" by selecting the same link.
Pre-Subscribing Users to a Blog
- As an administrator, navigate to: WebStorm Setup ---> Site ---> Blog ---> "Subscribe User to Blog on Registration"
- The user will then be pre-subscribed to the blog once they register for the WebStorm. This will only work for new users.
How to Add a User to be Subscribed to the Blog
- As an administrator, navigate to: WebStorm Setup --> Site --> Blog ---> "Manage Blog Subscriptions"
- Under the "Manage Blog Subscriptions" section, enter in email or screen name of the user.
- Type name of user and click 'Add Member' to add them to the subscribed list.
- Once subscribed, the user(s) will receive emails.
- If any users are not subscribed, then they will not receive emails on new posts to the blog.
Viewing Who is Subscribed
- As an administrator, Navigate to: WebStorm Setup --->Site ---> Blog
- Select 'Get Current Subscribers' list.
- Once there, the administrator can see who is subscribed to the WebStorm level blog - and WebStorm / System administrator can remove subscribers accordingly if need be.
Important Things to Note:
- As of now, we do not have Enterprise blog subscription settings like we do on the WebStorm level.
- However, for Enterprise users, if a user already has a user account due to activity on "WebStorm A", that user will also inherit the blog subscription on a newly created "WebStorm B" if "Subscribe User to Blog Upon Registration" option is checked.
- Users must subscribe to the individual WebStorm level blogs.
- There is no Enterprise subscription setting at this time. Read more about Enterprise level blogs here.
- Please note: There is no mass subscription or 'import' feature at this time
- The administrator can also add users manually via "Manage Blog Subscriptions"
- There is no export available for blog subscribers
- Once users are subscribed to blogs, the system will trigger the "New Blog Post" email template: