How does the idea 'View Count' work in WebStorm setup?
- View counts allow administrators to easily recognize which ideas are the most popular in their Challenge/WebStorms.
- To enable - navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Ideas ---> and enable "Idea View Count"
- Don't forget to "Save Changes".
- Important Note: The option in setup is only for the previous View Idea 1.0 page.
- For View Idea 2.0, please make sure to add the "Idea Details" widget to see the view counts.
- On the Idea View page, the "Total Views" and "Unique Views" will display the idea's number of views.
- Please note: If you do not see the counts on your View Idea 2.0 page, please make sure to add the "Idea Details" widget from the widget drop-down menu.
- Total Views = a user who physically clicks into the idea to views it (loads the view idea page)
- Unique Views = Number of distinct users who viewed the idea.
- Note: A user can create a vote without creating a view. If they vote from the idea boards page, it creates a vote, it does not count as a view.
- In order for a view to count, they have to physically go into the individual idea page.