Anonymous idea submission allows the idea submitter to submit their idea 'Anonymously' to prevent their name from being displayed as the idea submitter!
- To enable 'Anonymous Submission', navigate to Site Setup > Ideas > Ideas and select one of the three options available:
- Optional - User can choose when posting their idea
- If selected by idea submitter when posting idea, anonymous users will show up for administrators when viewing idea(s).
- End users will not see the idea submitter.
- Only Anonymous - Only Administrator can see username of the submitter(s)
- Under this option - users cannot choose if they wish to be anonymous, all ideas will be submitted anonymously on idea submission:
- Only Anonymous - Administrator cannot see the username of the submitter(s)
- Note, administrators can still see the actual submitter in back-end reporting and idea lists.
- Under this option - users cannot choose if they wish to be anonymous and name will not be visible to administrators on the front-end only!
- If the user submits an idea with anonymous submission, it is not possible to change that (even as administrator).
- You can however always resubmit and hide the original idea if need be, or delete the idea if necessary.
- The idea submitter can't be edited once submitted.
- Please note: Anonymous functionality is designed for the front-end user experience only.
- Back-end views (e.g. Steps/List views) will still show the actual submitters names to administrators/moderators.
- Exports in setup for administrators can also show the actual user name of the submitters.
- This is true even when the option "Only Anonymous - Admin CAN NOT see username" is used.
- Anonymous ideas will not return in Brightidea search for end users.
- The Brightidea Mobile application will also respect Anonymous submission for end users views.
- If a user submits anonymously - it still populates the points under their name.
- Therefore, if a user is logged in as "User A", and they submit an idea anonymously, the idea will be logged as "Anonymous", but "User A" will get an increase of 3 or 5 points (whichever the reputation points is set to.) in the respective widgets.
- Both Enterprise and WebStorm 'ideas' reports will respect anonymous submission.
- Anonymous ideas will list "Anonymous" as the idea submitter.