Everything You Need to Know About 'Anonymous Submission'
Anonymous idea submission allows the idea submitter to submit their idea 'Anonymously' to prevent their name from being displayed as the idea submitter!
- To enable 'Anonymous Submission', navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Ideas and select one of the three options available:
- Optional - User can choose when posting their idea
- If selected by idea submitter when posting idea, anonymous users will show up for administrators when viewing idea(s).
- End users will not see the idea submitter.
- Only Anonymous - Only Administrator can see username of the submitter(s)
- Under this option - users cannot choose if they wish to be anonymous, all ideas will be submitted anonymously on idea submission:
- Only Anonymous - Administrator cannot see the username of the submitter(s)
- Note, administrators can still see the actual submitter in back-end reporting and idea lists.
- Under this option - users cannot choose if they wish to be anonymous and name will not be visible to administrators on the front-end only!
- If the user submits an idea with anonymous submission, it is not possible to change that (even as administrator).
- You can however always resubmit and hide the original idea if need be, or delete the idea if necessary.
- The idea submitter can't be edited once submitted.
- Please note: Anonymous functionality is designed for the front-end user experience only.
- Back-end views (e.g. Steps/List views) will still show the actual submitters names to administrators/moderators.
- Exports in setup for administrators can also show the actual user name of the submitters.
- This is true even when the option "Only Anonymous - Admin CAN NOT see username" is used.
- Anonymous ideas will not return in Brightidea search for end users.
- The Brightidea Mobile application will also respect Anonymous submission for end users views.
- If a user submits anonymously - it still populates the points under their name.
- Therefore, if a user is logged in as "User A", and they submit an idea anonymously, the idea will be logged as "Anonymous", but "User A" will get an increase of 3 or 5 points (whichever the reputation points is set to.) in the respective widgets.
- Both Enterprise and WebStorm 'ideas' reports will respect anonymous submission.
- Anonymous ideas will list "Anonymous" as the idea submitter.