Before the administrator starts to import submissions into the Brightidea system - please remember that all prior information must be in place within the Site prior to import:
- This includes necessary statuses, categories, and pre-existing email addresses of user(s) in the system
- This feature accommodates both Enterprise & Site statuses.
- To import submission from Site Setup - navigate to Site Setup > Idea Tab > Idea Import:
- To import submissions from Pipeline navigate to either Step View or List View and select the dropdown next to the Quick Add a submission "+" sign
- Select "Import Submissions/Ideas"
- The user will be prompted to download the "Submission Import Template"
Submission Import Template
- From either Site setup or Pipeline download the "Submission Import Template".
- The administrator can open and fill in the .XLS template in Excel.
- If the admin needs guidance, please see the "Example" under step 2.
- Once the administrator completes the table, go back to Pipeline or Site setup and select "Upload File".
- The system will automatically check the file and either give the administrator the number of submissions that will be imported (as pictured above)
- The system will also notify the administrator of the submissions that won't be imported and the reason(s) why.
- In addition, users can import additional submission form questions. When the administrator setups their submission form, the admin's template will automatically have their questions planned out in the top row of their import xls file.
- Selecting either "Download Submission Import Template" or "See Example" in the Submission Import window will give the admin their updated template of their additional submission form questions once the submission form is saved.
- Let's say my submission form looks like this, and I want to import three different submissions:
- Check-box format
- Radio button format (Multiple Choice)
- Long/Short Answer format
- Dropdown format
- Once saved, In the .xls template, the questions will appear at the top row:
- Let's say we wanted different combination of for all three submissions:
- For Checkbox, the system can have multiple choices...so we will have "More Money" & "More Time" for all three submissions
- We wanted "Yes" for all three submissions for the radio selection
- Any text will do for the long/short answer
- We wanted "Evaluation Process" as my selection for all three submissions
- The .xls file would then look like this:
- Please note the comma separated items for the checkbox question type - since we can select more than one (spaces should not matter.)
- We also used the choice selections as text, as well as the dropdown selections.
- Save the file, and conduct the import.
- Once imported, all submission(s) will be populated with their respective selections on the View Submission page(s):
- In addition, users can import tags. When the admin setups the submission form, the template will automatically have "tags" column planned out in the top row of the .xls file.
- To import tags, please separate each submision's tags with separation of a comma
- Example: If I wanted to import the tags "innovation", "world", & "communication"
- In the cell, the admin would enter "innovation,world,communication"
- Foreign characters are accommodated in this import.
- Submissions Import cannot be accommodated to update existing submissions, this feature is for new submissions only.
- If the administrator uses customized date formatting - it cannot be in that format for the import, it must be mm/dd/yyyy
- Users do not receive reputation points for imported submissions at this time.
- The submissions import feature is not designed to accommodate dependent submission form question at this time.
- Please make sure there are no questions set as 'dependent' on the submission form before running the import.
- If a Rule, within Rules Engine, is configured to trigger an Email when a Submission hits the first Step, this may conflict with the Idea Import process.
- Idea Import will trigger the email to be sent before an idea URL link has been generated. If you have a Rule configured for your first Step, we recommend turning off the rule before the import process starts.