What can or cannot be upload to the submission?
- NEW: Users can upload the following file types: ALL OF THEM! We have updated our Attachments to support every file type (but don't get carried away, the file size limit is still 150MB).
- Also, we have limited the upload time to 30 seconds. If a file takes longer than 30 seconds to upload, then we automatically quit the upload to prevent any further issues.
NEW: Can videos be embedded within a Submission?
- When creating a Submission, if the User attaches a video file, the video will embed into the Description and can be played within Brightidea! This video file will also live within the Attachments section of the Submission.
- Note: Videos will only embed during the Submission process, videos cannot be embedded after the Submission has been created.
- This option is for Post Submission pages only. If you would to know how to add videos to View Idea pages, please see our support article here.
When I attach an image to the submission, what type will show on the submission list page?
- On the submission list page, only JPEG and PNG images are displayed.
Can the end user or administrator edit or delete attachments post submission?
- Yes, administrators are able to do so. Refer to this article regarding editing submissions.
What is the maximum file size for uploading attachments?
- 100MB is the standard maximum file size allowed for attachments in Brightidea.
What are 'Private Attachments'?
- When enabling "Private attachments" option - this will only allow the Admins (System, Pipeline, Moderators, etc.) of the Initiative and the actual Idea Submitter to view any private attachments uploaded.
- Regular end users will not be able to see these attachments.
- This option is found in Site Setup > Ideas > Ideas > Private Attachments
Can an administrator export the attachments uploaded?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to export attachments. They would need to download the attachments from the individual View Submission pages.
Can users attach attachments on comments and their replies?
- To enable this option, navigate to Site Setup > Ideas > Comments > Select "Attachments on Comments" and "Comment Replies"
- Select "Save Changes"
- Once that is enabled, any user can add an attachment to any comment - as well as their replies: