What can or cannot be upload to the submission?
- Users can upload the following file types: JPG, GIF, BMP, PNG, JPEG, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, PDF, AVI, WMV, MOV, TXT and ZIP (the contents of the ZIP file must be one of the approved file types)
- File types that cannot be uploaded with submissions: EXE, ASP, PHP, BI, BIX, ICS, ASPX, JPS, HTML, HTM, and others not in the above allowed list.
When I attach an image to the submmsion, what type will show on the submission list page?
- On the submission list page, only JPEG and PNG images are displayed.
Can the end user or administrator edit or delete attachments post submission?
- Yes, administrators are able to do so. Refer to this article regarding editing submissions.
What is the maximum file size for uploading attachments?
- 7MB is the standard maximum file size allowed for attachments in Brightidea.
What are 'Private Attachments'?
- When enabling "Private attachments" option - this will only allow the WebStorm/System administrators of the WebStorm and the actual Idea Submitter to view any private attachments uploaded.
- Regular end users will not be able to see these attachments.
- This option is found in WebStorm Setup --> Ideas --> Ideas --> Private Attachments
Can an administrator export the attachments uploaded?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to export attachments in our standard front end WebStorm product. They would need to download the attachments from the individual view submission pages.
- Administrators can access our API to download attachments and/or obtain a list of links of all the attachments for a certain WebStorm campaign.
Can users attach attachments on comments and their replies?
- To enable this option, navigate to WebStorm Setup ---> Ideas ---> Comments ---> Select "Attachments on Comments" and "Comment Replies"
- Select "Save Changes"
- Once that is enabled, any user can add an attachment to any comment - as well as their replies: