- Most content on Challenge/Site pages are displayed using various types of units called "Widgets"
- There are scores of widgets available, and they are used to display both static and dynamic content.
- The administrator is able to then modify individual pages by adding and deleting widgets, and arrange the layout by simply dragging and dropping widgets.
- Here is a step by step on how to turn on widget setup mode in Enterprise and Challenge/Site levels.
Adding Widgets to your Brightidea Page
- Administrators will see a gear icon appear on the bottom left on all pages.
- Click on the gear icon, and turn Widget Editor on.
- Select any of the widgets available in the drop-down under 'Choose Widget,' then click on the '+' button:
- The widget will then appear on the page.
- Once added, administrator(s) can drag any widget (by selecting and holding the title bar) to any area within the page.
- The administrator will see a blue line right before they drop the widget to alert you where the widget will go.
- After dropping the widget, end users will immediately be able to see the updated page.
- To delete any widget, hover over it and select the trash can icon at the top right to remove it from the page.
- Once deleted, it will be reflected for all users.
Changing Widget Titles
- On any widget, hover and select the pencil icon to change the title and update text.
- Administrators can make any updates needed in the title bar.
- Click on the pencil icon again to save changes.
Hiding Titles in Widgets
- To hide the title of your widget, hover over and click the middle checkmark icon.
- If it is a checkmark, the title will show.
- If it is an empty square, the title will be hidden.
- Note: When Widget Editor is enabled, administrators will still be able to see the title, but end users will now.
- Once the title of a widget is hidden, end users and administrators will not see the title when Widget Editor is disabled.
Using Label Edit Mode
- Please see this article regarding label edit mode to make text changes of your widgets.
Enterprise Widgets vs. Challenge/Site Widgets
- The widgets on the Challenge/Site level are respective to the activity placed within the confines of that Site.
- Therefore, if only four people conducted activity with Site A, but not Site B, then those four peoples' activities (idea submissions, comments, votes) show up accordingly within Site A's statistics and widgets.
- Enterprise level widgets accounts for all activity of underlying Sites' marked Enterprise in their setup.
- Some widgets exist on both levels (My Stats, Community Stats, Mini Top Contributors, etc.)
Important Things to Note:
- Here is a full guide that describes all widgets in both Enterprise & Site
- Administrators can also search within the Widgets section in the Support Portal Knowledge Base
- The administrator can achieve custom look-and-feel of widgets, including rounded edges, with a custom CSS design.
- The administrator can copy widgets to other Sites via Copy Site feature or Create Pipeline/Site.
- Administrators cannot add widgets to the Setup page or Post Idea pages.
- If 'Widget Editor' is enabled for an administrator, any end users logged in at the same time will not see the options available for widget mode.