Everything You Need to Know about 'Invite a Friend'!
With the set of an option, the adminstrator can have their users invite outside users to their Brightidea WebStorm. To configure it - follow these steps:
- First, navigate to WebStorm Setup --> Site --> Security
- Select "Users Can Invite New Users" Select Save Changes
- On any page in the WebStorm, the administrator can add the "Invite a Friend" widget.
- There the administrator can send an invite for someone to come to their WebStorm!
- Once enabled, the administrator must add the "Invite a Friend" widget to a page on their WebStorm
- See this article for how to add widgets.
- Make sure widget setup mode is disabled to have the widget work correctly
- If the administrator enables certain domains in setup for registration, the "Invite a Friend" widget functionality respects domains that are selected.
- If a user invites a user outside of the allotted domains, no email will be sent.
- A user can receive points for inviting others, and for having those invited registering - see this article around reputation points.
- The email template related to this is under WebStorm Setup ---> Site --> System Email Messages ---> Invitation Request
- This is also available on the Enterprise level.
- 'Invite a Friend' registrations will NOT log in the Registration invites log section.
- Only standard registration invites conducted out of the setup screen will display those logs.
- The WebStorm level "User Activity" report will include how many invited attempts each user has conducted
- Invite a Friend respects domain restriction for the WebStorm The user will receive an update if they try to invite a user outside their domain restriction: